My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Remote Scheduled Recordings

(6 posts)
  1. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

I set a recording via the app but it did not record. The Guide in the app showed that the recording was set and this was done several hours before the record time. Would it make any difference that the Aura was in deep standby all the time?

Also, can a scheduled recording be set via the app if you are not on your home router ie, away on holiday?

| Sun 14 Nov 2021 18:09:09 #1 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

I can't answer the first part of your post.

Scheduled recordings can be set via the app when you are away from home.

| Sun 14 Nov 2021 18:40:54 #2 |
  3. Mars

Mars

special member

I don't think that the app can synch (via myhumax.net) with the box when the box is in deep standby. You can set up remote recordings from anywhere that you have an internet connection provided that you have not left the box in deep standby. I only put the Aura in deep standby overnight.

| Sun 14 Nov 2021 22:11:14 #3 |
  4. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

@brian and @Mars

Thanks for your replies. I can now experiment with setting up recordings from remote places with the Aura in normal standby.

| Mon 15 Nov 2021 13:22:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Geoff_W - 20 mins ago  » 
    @brian and @Mars
    Thanks for your replies. I can now experiment with setting up recordings from remote places with the Aura in normal standby.

I can confirm, if the box is in deep standby it will not pick up remote recordings as I tried it as an experiment. I think if I were to use this feature, say if I was on holiday, I would set the box to not go into deep standby, just in case I wanted to set something.

I have a daily reminder set at 5:30pm everyday (as there are no on/off timers like the 4000/5000) to make sure the box is nice and awake, guide populated etc. by the time I want to use it at 6pm for my evening viewing. Not sure if this would be enough to pick up recordings, depends when they needed to be set I guess.

| Mon 15 Nov 2021 13:45:42 #5 |
  6. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

@Harters
    Very useful to know, thank you. In normal circumstances I need to be able to remote schedule from Australia (with a winter time difference of 8 hours) for about a 4 week period so I have to carefully work out on/off times etc.

| Tue 16 Nov 2021 12:33:40 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.