My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Remote stops working during HD video playback

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

West Country Us

The Remote ceases to work during playback of HD recordings. I noted this during the last few minutes of playback. If the playback is allowed to complete, the Remote starts working again.
    Is this a known problem?, if so is there asolution to it other than waiting for playback to finish?

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 17:16:42 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Intriguing problem, not seen reported before. LCD TV's do omit some infrared if they are ccfl back lit designs. Try changing the ir channel see here.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 17:32:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

West Country Us

My LCD is a standard unit with no backlight (Panasonic).I have checked with the Humax set back so it is out of line with any emmissions from the screen. The problem (more an annoyance) still occurs. I will check with some recrodings later this week to see if it always repeatable.

| Tue 16 Oct 2012 18:25:28 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

West Country Us - 10 minutes ago  » 
    My LCD is a standard unit with no backlight (Panasonic).I have checked with the Humax set back so it is out of line with any emmissions from the screen. The problem (more an annoyance) still occurs. I will check with some recrodings later this week to see if it always repeatable.

All lcd's have a backlight, without one you won't see a picture :-).

Ordinary ones use flourescent tubes (CCFL). LED ones uses LED's instead of the flourescent ones. I have a video repeater under my TV which has a red led that lights when it sees IR. It stays on for about 3-4 minutes after I turn on my lcd TV.

| Tue 16 Oct 2012 18:41:20 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.