My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Remove background picture on guide?

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tixie

Can someone please tell me if it is possible to get rid of the programme picture that shows through on the freeview play tv guide? I find it so hard to read as I have limited vision. All I want is for the background on the guide to be solid black or at least darker with no programme showing through. The programme movement behind the guide is very distracting.

Thank you!

| Thu 12 Jan 2017 13:02:10 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

HumaxUKNW

Press Pause before going to TV Guide.

Ideally Play, then pause on a dark / black image. !!

From an earlier thread ...........

HumaxUKNW - 1 month ago  » 
    I select either a neutral static background before using the EPG !
    Or even better.........
    Still frame the background source !
    Or....
    Copy something black via USB and still frame that !!!!!

| Thu 12 Jan 2017 14:48:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tixie

Thanks very much for your help although I was hoping there was an option in the settings somewhere to turn off the background image on the guide as my ancient freeview recorder had that option so I assumed it would be available on any modern device. Seems like this so called modern technology has taken a backward step.

| Thu 12 Jan 2017 21:21:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

DarrenFronda

Is anybody else having trouble reading the EPG with the TV showing in the background. If so do you have any tip, I am at present using the IPAD app then sending to the TV to watch.

| Fri 13 Jan 2017 17:14:43 #1 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum Darren

I have moved you post to this recent thread see post #2 for a suggestion.

Humax can't please everybody. When the FVP was first launched there were complaints because the guide was not 'transparent'

| Fri 13 Jan 2017 18:01:37 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

By now Humax should have realised on all their boxes that they can please everyone by adding appropriate options. Simple, although seems difficult for them.

| Fri 13 Jan 2017 18:27:28 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

I cant see why Humax did not do the same as the 2000T on the programme guide, with the freeview channel in a little box, it so much a better layout and a lot easier to read to.

| Sat 14 Jan 2017 12:40:21 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The 4000T has a similar arrangement to the old Foxsats which do give more screen space to the epg. The Foxsat though do have a user transparency option.

As with all makers with each new model a number of genuinely handy features get dropped. Over the years here's a few that come to mind (Freeview and Freesat)

Picture In Picture for twin tuner models

Direct time code entry to jump to any point in a recording.