My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Remove background picture on guide?

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

DarrenFronda

I have to say the MIXED PICTURE / EPG readability issue is made worse as you move back from the TV. We have a 50 inch TV but are 5-6 meters back when viewing. If I move closer it becomes easier to read. The older Humax was not mixed and the EPG was a doddle to read from the same distance. If for no other reason having the choice to view unmixed would be beneficial to anyone who has distance between the TV and their viewing position.

| Mon 16 Jan 2017 17:24:23 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

I have to say that with a modern Samsung TV which has an excellent example of how an EPG should be presented (solid background, live channel in a separate window and program info displayed dynamically as you move the cursor around without having to press an OK button), I now use this to plan my viewing as I too can not cope with the Humax EPG with its moving background and lack of program info.
    The Humax 9300T EPG was not disimilar to the current Samsung offering and it is difficult to understand why Humax have gone backwards with their latest offering.

| Tue 17 Jan 2017 2:17:18 #12 |
  3. barryiow

barryiow

If only my FVP 4000T was like the excellent HDR Fox T2, just with the 3 turners, it would be GREAT

| Wed 18 Jan 2017 15:29:57 #13 |
  4. graham uk

graham uk

special member

My moan about the EPG is having to press OK every time one wishes to read what a program is about.
    There could be room at bottom of EPG to show this program info.

| Thu 19 Jan 2017 9:41:10 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

barryiow - 19 hours ago  » 
    If only my FVP 4000T was like the excellent HDR Fox T2, just with the 3 turners, it would be GREAT

Get another HDR-FOX-T2 and have 4

| Thu 19 Jan 2017 11:30:12 #15 |
  6. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I've never had a problem with this myself, but then I never watch live TV and still use a printed TV Guide to plan my viewing and just use the EPG to find the programmes I want to record. The ability to quickly choose the day of the week in the EPG is a great help doing this.

Having said that, another workaround If you want a black screen behind the EPG is to select one of the BBC RB channels before pressing the Guide button. They are 601-608 on mine and there are usually several not broadcasting anything.

| Thu 19 Jan 2017 12:02:51 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Stephenesque - 1 hour ago  » 
    Having said that, another workaround If you want a black screen behind the EPG is to select one of the BBC RB channels before pressing the Guide button. They are 601-608 on mine and there are usually several not broadcasting anything.

What a good idea.

As an aside, RB channels 602 to 608 were just available from 22nd July to 23rd August 2016 and will be removed from your epg when you next fully retune.

The current tange of thos RB channels is just 600 and 601 though. I get the impression 600 is more often not being used.

| Thu 19 Jan 2017 13:24:22 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

acrowland

I too searched in vain for a way of turning off the moving background picture in the EPG. This is not how to do things in the 21st century! It makes reading the Guide impossible not only for people with vision problems like the OP, but also anyone with communication issues and sensory integration issues, as is common in the autistic spectrum. Even static lines behind information, unrelated to the information being processed, can render it extremely difficult to take in the information. This is inexcusable on equality grounds, not to mention it making it harder for EVERYONE.
    My older Humax's reduce the current program to a small pic in the corner of the guide and make it optional. That is perfect. Why this terrible step backward? If Humax is listening, PLEASE make it optional!

| Sat 17 Jun 2017 22:53:44 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.