My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Replacement for 9300t

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodfryatt

Having been pleased with my 9300t for some years I would like to replace it with a PVR capable of receiving HD Freeview.
    Can anyone recommend which model would be the nearest in terms of simplicity of operation and clear EPG etc? I do not require internet capability.

| Wed 18 Nov 2020 15:11:52 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

rodfryatt - 9 hours ago  » 
    Having been pleased with my 9300t for some years I would like to replace it with a PVR capable of receiving HD Freeview.
    Can anyone recommend which model would be the nearest in terms of simplicity of operation and clear EPG etc? I do not require internet capability.

If you want to stay with Humax then an HDR-2000T might fit the bill. If you want to look further afield then a Manhattan T3-R would be worth considering.

| Thu 19 Nov 2020 1:13:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

I get the impression that generally there are far fewer noisy Humax HDR-1800T units (those with a 320GB drive) compared to HDR-2000T units these days. As they run the same software an HDR-1800T may be a safer bet over an HDR-2000T.

The Manhattan T2-R does not have Freeview Play, or catch-up, capability which the T3-R has, but is otherwise very similar to the T3-R apart from being noticeably cheaper.

For the clarity of the EPG it does very much depend on the individual. Images of both can be found on the internet.

| Thu 19 Nov 2020 11:14:22 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Luke - 49 mins ago  » 
    I get the impression that generally there are far fewer noisy Humax HDR-1800T units (those with a 320GB drive) compared to HDR-2000T units these days. As they run the same software an HDR-1800T may be a safer bet over an HDR-2000T.

Fair point Luke. We have an early HDR-2000T which is reasonably quiet but I understand that at some point in the production Humax changed the hard drive mounting which is probably responsible for the complaints. The HDR-1800T uses a smaller 2.5" hard drive (as opposed to the 3.5" drive in the 2000T) which may also help.

The Manhattan T2-R does not have Freeview Play, or catch-up, capability which the T3-R has, but is otherwise very similar to the T3-R apart from being noticeably cheaper.

Another interesting point. What I like about the T3-R is that Manhattan are reportedly actively updating the software to add features. I don't know if this true of the T2-R?

| Thu 19 Nov 2020 12:11:31 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodfryatt

I think what I would really like is another Humax that is as near as possible to my 9300t but able to receive HD. I have tried a FVP-400t and found it a disaster.
    I have no need of a machine that uses the internet.

| Thu 19 Nov 2020 22:41:47 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

rodfryatt - 3 hours ago  » 
    I think what I would really like is another Humax that is as near as possible to my 9300t but able to receive HD. I have tried a FVP-400t and found it a disaster.

So a Humax HDR-2000T or HDR-1800T would fit the requirement. If you are not interested in them could you tell us why please?

| Fri 20 Nov 2020 2:28:51 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodfryatt

Thanks for the advice chaps and I will certainly be heeding it now you have pointed me in the right direction. What I meant was, I have no need of internet capabilty on a replacement PVR. I have a PC for that.
    With technology I always buy second-hand slightly out-of date gear at a fraction of the original price and don't really want to pay more for a box with a service that I will not be using.
    However, if the only decent HD PVR's now all have this ability, so be it, I will just have to buy one.

| Fri 20 Nov 2020 12:31:59 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

rodfryatt - 4 hours ago  » 
    However, if the only decent HD PVR's now all have this ability, so be it, I will just have to buy one.

The HDR-2000T/HDR-1800T only had minimal internet capability (iPlayer and I am not sure if that is working currently). Later models have a much wider range of players.

| Fri 20 Nov 2020 17:07:33 #8 |
  9. Biggles

Biggles

special member

rodfryatt - 5 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for the advice chaps and I will certainly be heeding it now you have pointed me in the right direction. What I meant was, I have no need of internet capabilty on a replacement PVR. I have a PC for that.
    With technology I always buy second-hand slightly out-of date gear at a fraction of the original price and don't really want to pay more for a box with a service that I will not be using.

You could try the DMR-HWT130, £169.99 from Panasonic. Been out a few years and not so nice to use as the 9300 but rock solid reliable.

| Fri 20 Nov 2020 18:31:26 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodfryatt

I see that Panasonic has no audio outlet sockets so no use to me. Settled for a HDR-1800T at a very reasonable price. Being used to the earlier Humax I'm sure that will do.

| Sat 21 Nov 2020 23:51:05 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.