My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Replacement for Fox T2

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jad22

Sorry if this has been asked before but I want to replace my old Fox T2. Was thinking of the FVP 5000T 500gb version with the addition of the H3 Espresso. This will allow my wife to watch her recordings in the bedroom if she want to. I keep seeing good and bad reviews, I thought I would ask the forum for their opinions. Cheers fellow humax people.

| Mon 4 Nov 2019 10:06:39 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jad22 - 13 mins ago  » 
    Sorry if this has been asked before but I want to replace my old Fox T2. Was thinking of the FVP 5000T 500gb version with the addition of the H3 Espresso.

First thing is I wouldn't bother with the H3 Espresso as most reports on here are negative. I have both the FVP-5000T and the HDR-FOX T2. I mainly use the FVP-5000T now because sub titles work properly across all channels and it doesn't suffer from the problem with blips in the sound when connected to my LG TV. However the FVP is not as "polished" a product as the HDR. There are lots of mildly irritating inconsistencies in its behaviour and its rather slow (in comparison to the HDR) response to the remote as unacceptable although it doesn't bother me. It feels as though the software development was stopped too early.
    The basic recording performance is reliable and the third tuner is sometimes useful but the recording performance is not as good as the HDR when there are last minute changes to the schedule. I suggest you go and try one in a store before making a purchase.

| Mon 4 Nov 2019 10:29:31 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I would forget the H3 expresso. Run a single cat 6 network cable and use a pair of baluns with HDMI loop through and infra red return.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extender-Neoteck-Repeater-Splitter-Satellite-Black/dp/B071S7VQWX/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=HDMI+extender+baluns+with+hdmi+loop+and+IR&tag=blusas008-21&qid=1572859704&sr=8-3

Could be cheaper on Black Friday later this month.

| Mon 4 Nov 2019 10:30:22 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jad22

Thanks for the replies. I do have an 1100s Freesat box in another room. (Long story) and from what you say Martin about the 5000T it sound very similar to issues I have found with it also. I.e. slow etc. So 5000T would do the job but as Graham says keep away from the H3. There sure is a hole in this market area, cannot understand why no one is trying to fill it.

| Mon 4 Nov 2019 11:15:02 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.