My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Reset HDR 2000T remote control

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

daveofepsom

Hi

My elderly parents have a HDR 2000T. The chap who set it up for them (kindly?!)set the remote to also control their television.
    Unfortunately they are really struggling with accidentally changing tv channels instead of PVR channels etc etc.

I would like to reset the remote control - or dis-associate it with their tv .. please help!

If I can do that they can use the tv reeote to turn the tv on and off - and there wil be no confusion because the PVR remote will only operate the Humax PVR.

| Sat 2 Aug 2014 16:26:20 #1 |
  2. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

I don't know of a reset procedure, but you could try taking the batteries out and leaving it overnight. Programmable remotes tend to lose the device codes if left without power for a while, so it should eventually reset to default.

| Sun 3 Aug 2014 10:06:55 #2 |
  3. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

You could just change the remote code for the TV button to a different make of TV.
    However if they then press the TV button they may still get confused as nothing would be happening on the PVR until they press the PVR button.

| Sun 3 Aug 2014 12:54:40 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

daveofepsom

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I really appreciate your help. I will give them a try.

| Mon 4 Aug 2014 16:12:56 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.