My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Retuning Help

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Hello,

I have had my 5000t box for quite a while now and have never needed to retune (none of the channels I watch/record on have changed before). I noted yesterday that quite a few channels are changing numbers so I might have to do my first retune.
    So what is the best thing to do? I'd prefer not to have to reset my recording schedule (but if that was needed I could do it, it's just another job so if there was a way of not having to it I'd prefer), I've heard of a smartscan but don't know much about it. When I first got the box I deleted all the channels I didn't need so I know I'd need to do that again if I did a whole retune but would I with a smartscan?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
    Thank you
    Christina

| Thu 5 Nov 2020 13:00:28 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Christina2018 - 11 mins ago  » 
    Hello,
    I have had my 5000t box for quite a while now and have never needed to retune (none of the channels I watch/record on have changed before). I noted yesterday that quite a few channels are changing numbers so I might have to do my first retune.
    So what is the best thing to do? I'd prefer not to have to reset my recording schedule (but if that was needed I could do it, it's just another job so if there was a way of not having to it I'd prefer), I've heard of a smartscan but don't know much about it. When I first got the box I deleted all the channels I didn't need so I know I'd need to do that again if I did a whole retune but would I with a smartscan?
    Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
    Thank you
    Christina

When you first setup the box, did you get channels with a channel number over 800 ?

If yes then you will need to manually retune. If not try the smart option.

Use a digital camera to photograph your recording schedule first, just in case one of the channels you have a recording reservation for is affected. After please check you haven't got channels over 800.

If it's only a lcn (logical channel number) change you should be OK. Series recordings use the SID (Station identifier) not the LCN.

| Thu 5 Nov 2020 13:16:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Thank you Graham. No when I first set up the box I didn't have any channels in the 800s.

I have looked it up and it seems to be a channel number change rather than anything else so I might be OK to leave it for a while I guess (bit of a 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' sort of girl). I'll go down and check in a little while if the channels I read are changing are still working fine for me.

Where abouts would I find the smart option if it is required? I've been looking at the manual but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Would I use the 'freeview Play' button and down to 'channel settings' do you know?

Thanks once again for your help.

| Thu 5 Nov 2020 13:25:28 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

FVP - Settings - channel Settings - Automatic Channel search - OK brings up a dialogue asking if you want to use smart re-tune. Give it a try you can simply exit if you don't want to do the re-tune now.

| Thu 5 Nov 2020 13:38:34 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ploots

5000T. Same problem even using Smart Tune. However the following worked for me without losing my recordings schedule.
    Freeview have reorganised channels 24 to 55; therefore in Settings there is an option to delete channels, so I deleted channels 24 through to 55 and then chose the Smart Tuning option.
    New/rearranged channels then appear correct.
    I had no scheduled recordings set between channels 24 and 55 so any programmes scheduled within this range may need to be checked.
    Hope this helps.

| Thu 5 Nov 2020 16:48:11 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.