My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Retuning ITV 25 Aug 2015

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anoectangium

Hello Everyone
    Does the Humax HDR 2000T, need to be retuned, I strongly suspect that it does. This is due to technical changes to the ITV service on Freeview from lunchtime 25 August. I am a newcomer to the Forum (one previous post) can I ask for guidance and instructions as to how to set about the task. My thanks in advance.

| Fri 21 Aug 2015 20:18:59 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Interesting. Thanks for the headsup.

More info available at

http://www.a516digital.com/2015/08/itv-changes-on-freeview-25th-august-2015.html

and

http://www.a516digital.com/2015/08/itv4-gets-universal-freeview-coverage.html

Someone will probably be along with tuning advice shortly - I no longer have one of these boxes and don't recall the sequence.

| Fri 21 Aug 2015 20:35:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Anoectangium - 1 hour ago  » 
    Does the Humax HDR 2000T, need to be retuned, I strongly suspect that it does. This is due to technical changes to the ITV service on Freeview from lunchtime 25 August.

No point in retuning until the 25th August; I would expect the box to offer to retune but if it doesn't then Menu>Settings>Installation (Pin 0000) and then select Automatic Tune (unless you are in a location where a manual tune is necessary). NB The schedule of future recordings will be deleted by the Automatic retune so you will need to record them prior to retuning and reinstate them after the retune.

| Fri 21 Aug 2015 22:01:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anoectangium

Thank you to everyone for the replies. The message regarding retuning pops up on the screen at regular intervals, it's hard to avoid. Thank you for the tip regarding scheduled recordings. It's a case of making a note of all and re entering the details. Thank you once again.

| Sun 23 Aug 2015 21:31:12 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The changes appear to have been made, at least in my area.

No pop up for re-tune witnessed so users might have to follow Martin's advice above.

Changes are:

ITV 4 moves to D3&4 mux.
    ITV3+1 moves to ArqB mux.
    CITV moves to ArqB mux.

No guide data as yet. Edit @ 1520 guide data now present.

| Tue 25 Aug 2015 12:18:41 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.