My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Samba

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Allan S

can you enable samba to show the FVP 4000T appear as a network device on iMac. and then drag and drop files onto the desktop.

| Thu 10 Dec 2015 18:25:39 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Allan S

Sorry that wasn't very well explained. I have turned samba on on my Humax FVP 4000T to try to share files with my iMac desktop on the same wi fi network. I can't work out what to do to view the Humax HDD on the mac. Can you help me with that please.

| Thu 10 Dec 2015 20:24:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Allan S

I think I may need to find the IP address for the FVP 4000T so the mac can look for it but can't find it anywhere in settings

| Thu 10 Dec 2015 20:58:47 #3 |
  4. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Hi Allan
    If you check your router you should be able to get a list of attached devices and their IP addresses. If there are no names listed just eliminate the ip addresses of your iMac and any other devices by checking their network settings, and what's left should be the FVP.

| Fri 11 Dec 2015 20:06:01 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Allan S - 1 day ago  » 
    can you enable samba to show the FVP 4000T appear as a network device on iMac. and then drag and drop files onto the desktop.

Not having a MAC I could be wrong, but afaik Samba is a Windows/Linux file server. I don't think IOS is supported.

A IOS/Windows emulator just might work.

| Fri 11 Dec 2015 22:57:39 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Not having a MAC I could be wrong, but afaik Samba is a Windows/Linux file server. I don't think IOS is supported.

I am not a Mac user either but Link to Apple support suggests that Samba is supported.

| Fri 11 Dec 2015 23:16:08 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jwp123

I am a Mac user and Macs definitely do support Samba.
    I don't have a FVP 4000T, but would be surprised if the IP address isn't shown somewhere in a settings or help screen. However you can easily find this either by logging on to your router (for most routers you can do this by going to http://192.168.0.1 in a web browser - you'll be prompted for a password, if you don't know it, it may well be written on a sticker on the router), or by downloading the free LanScan from the Mac AppStore. When you've identified the appropriate IP address, go to Finder then Go/Connect to Server and enter smb:// followed by the IP address and click Connect.

| Sun 20 Dec 2015 18:44:41 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

merlinrocket

Or give your FVP4000T a manual IP address in the host address range?

| Tue 22 Dec 2015 10:27:41 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

You can find the IP address by going into settings, Network then either LAN or WLAN.

Edit
    Settings, Network Settings, Network Connection Status.

| Tue 22 Dec 2015 10:42:28 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

zmsc1

Assuming you've got the Humax's IP address now (J_Oz's method is easiest), you can connect from your Mac using the "connect to a server" function. In Finder, click the menu item "Go" and select "connect to a server" at the bottom of the list. In the pop-up, enter your server address which will be something similar to 192.168.1.2 That will pop up a list of folders that you can select from. OK that, and if you have the same problem as me, you'll get a "failed to mount" error.

Can anybody advise on this problem? I've tried connecting from Windows 10 and Ubuntu with no better results.

| Thu 24 Dec 2015 9:15:51 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.