My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

save and play hd recordings to other player

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lesfearn

Hello,
    I have a Sony blue ray player, with usb socket, connected to a projector.
    Is it possible to transfer recorded hd programme from foxsat to an external hard drive and then use this hard drive on the blue ray player. I understand there may be a protection problem.
    Thanks Les.

| Sun 28 Oct 2012 11:49:39 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. HD recordings made in Freesat mode are encrypted, you can copy them to usb (EXT3 format required for files larger than 4GB) but they will only play back on the Foxsat that recorded the programme. They will play back from usb so a USB drive is a usefull archive device if you are short of internal hard disk space.

| Sun 28 Oct 2012 11:54:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

You can record any FTA HD channel unencrypted on the box by doing a manual tune, keeping the Foxsat in non-Freesat mode (channels start from 5001) and rebooting it, then choosing the channel and recording.

You lose scheduled recording this way but you can do what you want with the 1080i streams. I have the 5 FTA HD channels running from 5001-5005 for easy access, and if there's something I want in HD and I'm able to set the box as I'm in the house it's really useful.

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 21:03:05 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.