My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

SCART blip 15 minutes before Accurate Recording

(7 posts)
  1. Trevor Wright

Trevor Wright

I've now observed for a second time an odd feature on my new HDR-Fox T2, and I wonder if anyone has an opinion.

I set an Accurate Recording via the Media Guide, and do not have start or end padding set, just the default. The HDR is in Standby. I'm watching another channel and 15 minutes before the Accurate Recording start time, the TV switches across to the HDR, which is connected via a SCART as I have a non-HD TV. There is nothing showing on this page and the HDR is still in Standby. I turn back to the channel I was watching and the recording completes as expected.

Now - I understand that the HDR will start looking for a change in the running status 15 minutes before the due start time and wonder if this is causing a momentary blip on the SCART (maybe the same happens with HDMI??).

This effect was seen first with the last rev. of firmware and now seen for the second time on the latest rev. issued last week.

I could report this to Humax UK Support but my last three emails to them have resulted in total silence.

Any ideas??

| Mon 11 Jul 2011 7:34:55 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Afaik all Humax-HD boxes exhibit this behaviour including the Foxsat-hdr. The only workaround I know of is to sacrifice auto scart switching. ie Remove the pin 8 connection from one of your scart plugs. This also defeats auto aspect ratio switching so if you watch 4:3 material you would have to manually change your TV's AR settings

| Mon 11 Jul 2011 8:40:20 #2 |
  3. Trevor Wright

Trevor Wright

I did refer this potential fault to Humax and they came back very promptly - well done. Once our discussion has come to a conclusion and they have given me a suitably technical answer I've said I'll summarise matters here.

| Tue 12 Jul 2011 11:51:12 #3 |
  4. Trevor Wright

Trevor Wright

Well, after two weeks I've had to give up with Humax UK Support which is regrettable. They initially replied and suggested I use HDMI instead of SCART, which suggests a rather shallow comprehension of the problem.

I replied outlining the problem again, and twice sent a reminder email, both to the "support1" and the usual UK support email addresses, but with no reply at all - silence - black mark! 0/10!

From looking on another forum, I see this problem of the SCART interface being energised 15 minutes before the start of an Accurate Recording is well known and happens every time I have the HDR in standby. I suspect Humax are well aware of it in Germany or Korea or wherever the development is done.

Barry, if you have your ears on, I wonder if you can give a nudge to whoever you know at Humax Towers, and get a proper technical response to this well-known problem and maybe put the answer here. Is it firmware and hence "fixed in a future release" or hardware and therefore unfixable?

Thanks

| Fri 29 Jul 2011 18:35:29 #4 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

So you are not happy with the standard Pin 8 fix?

| Sat 30 Jul 2011 16:48:56 #5 |
  6. Trevor Wright

Trevor Wright

gomezz - 1 day ago  » 
    So you are not happy with the standard Pin 8 fix?

Quite so, there should be no need to fiddle with standard SCART cables to correct what appears to be a fault with the product. Also I want the TV to switch to the HDR automatically in usual circumstances.

| Mon 1 Aug 2011 7:21:41 #6 |
  7. gomezz

gomezz

special member

You can always use an activity-based universal remote control to do that.

| Mon 1 Aug 2011 7:35:55 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.