My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

schedule recording on FVP4000T

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jamesp

Scheduling a recording several days in advance on the FVP4000 seems to be a nightmare. With our old Humax [9300T] we are able to fast forward through the weekly tv guide, select a programme, and simply highlight and record. With this more ‘up to date’ model the process seems so long winded. Apart from the laborious method of scrolling through days of programmes the only alternative option is to use the ‘add a schedule’ method. I couldn’t believe that you then need to not only add in the start time but also the duration. Why has Humax dispensed with the ability to select a day from the tv guide so that a programme can be quickly identified, highlighted and recorded. Or am I missing something.

| Sat 26 Mar 2016 21:13:15 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I don't have the box, but a look at the faq's found this

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/how-to-jump-forward-in-guide

Welcome to our forum.

| Sat 26 Mar 2016 21:23:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jamesp

Thanks Graham. I too have just found the answer. But there is no reference to this important facility in the users manual.Is there any way in which Humax can have this brought to their attention.

| Sat 26 Mar 2016 21:30:09 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

User manual page GB 13 - Quick Navigation.

Also detailed on the help screens that display with first use of guide - I think it is screen 2 but not 100%.

| Sat 26 Mar 2016 22:22:55 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jamesp

Thank you Barry. Moral of the story read the manual very carefully and then read it again.
    I do appreciate the time taken in pointing this out to me. I was getting very frustrated at using the 'add a schedule' facility.

| Sat 26 Mar 2016 22:29:02 #5 |
  6. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Another way to schedule a recording, one that I often find the quickest, is to find it using the Search function.
    This is especially useful if you know the name of the programme but are unsure of the broadcast date or channel number.

| Sun 27 Mar 2016 2:11:47 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jamesp

Many thanks Stephnesque that is really helpful.

| Sun 27 Mar 2016 17:47:21 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.