My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Scheduled recordings not recording

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tim Lambert

I've had my HDR for a bit less than a year and every so often it just stops making scheduled recordings. I haven't been able to pin down the exact sequence of events that leads to this, partly because I haven't had that much time to investigate, so I'm looking for suggestions and hoping that the symptoms ring bells with someone here.

What generally happens is that the box stops making series link recordings. This is while the series is still on air. For example, yesterday it didn't record Doctor Who (on BBC1 HD) despite it having recorded the previous four episodes. I checked the scheduled recordings list, and there was nothing listed after last weekend.

It was also supposed to record The Thick of It yesterday. Seeing that nothing was listed in the schedule, out of curiosity I checked the guide and saw that the programme was still marked with the red icon indicating it would record. So was Doctor Who for that matter. I decided to put it in and out of standby to see what would happen. After rebooting, the red icons had disappeared from the guide, which was at least consistent with the schedule. Unsure of what else I could so, I created another series recording for The Thick of It and hoped for the best. However it still didn't record, despite being listed in the schedule.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? I'm on the latest firmware (21). Are there any logs hidden away on the box that I can access? I used to have a hacked series 1 TiVo, so I'm not averse to rolling my sleeves up and poking around if needs be.

| Sun 30 Sep 2012 12:41:36 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Do you put your HDR into standby overnight to allow housekeeping to take place?

| Sun 30 Sep 2012 19:47:22 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tim Lambert

gomezz - 2 hours ago  » 
    Do you put your HDR into standby overnight to allow housekeeping to take place?

I do not - I didn't realise that was something I should be doing! I'll start doing that and see what happens.

| Sun 30 Sep 2012 22:19:24 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Longshanks

hi, I too am having the the same problems with recordings, but what is housekeeping all about? can't find any ref in the manual. Other problems noticed with recordings is that when selecting a program to record ie BBC 1 then it duplicates the same prog which is shown on BBC HD channel and therefor when we try to record another program in the same time frame then it refuses telling me there is a program conflict.
    FOXSAT-HDR

| Sun 27 Mar 2016 11:49:17 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Longshanks - 30 minutes ago  » 
    hi, I too am having the the same problems with recordings, but what is housekeeping all about? can't find any ref in the manual. Other problems noticed with recordings is that when selecting a program to record ie BBC 1 then it duplicates the same prog which is shown on BBC HD channel and therefor when we try to record another program in the same time frame then it refuses telling me there is a program conflict.
    FOXSAT-HDR

Answered in other thread. The box wakes up at 3am every morning to carry out any channel updates, it has to be in sby for this to happen - see this thread

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/update-log-for-recordwatch-apps

| Sun 27 Mar 2016 12:22:09 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Longshanks

Thanks for your reply, carried out suggestions but it does not seem to make any difference

| Tue 12 Apr 2016 10:37:30 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Longshanks - 37 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for your reply, carried out suggestions but it does not seem to make any difference

Depending on how long you have not been housekeeping you may need to re-setup your schedule.

| Tue 12 Apr 2016 11:17:06 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Longshanks

Thank you, just a small point how do I put the machine into standby mode.

| Tue 12 Apr 2016 15:57:33 #8 |
  9. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Press the ON/OFF button on the remote control. You will see the front panel either blank or change to the time of day depending on your power-saving setting and a there will be a gently glowing red light. If there is an active recording in progress the front panel will show details of that rather than be blank.

| Tue 12 Apr 2016 20:05:19 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Longshanks

Thank you,after reading a previous answer regarding house keeping I thought I was missing something very simple. All I have to do now is solve this recording conflict and failed to record problem which has bugged me since I changed over to this model from my 9300T.
    regards

| Wed 13 Apr 2016 9:01:24 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.