My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

screen freezing

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Allan S

When watching BBC1 SD through the Humax box there picture keeps freezing for a second or so while the sound continues on. If I switch to BBC 1 HD the picture is fine. Watching BBC SD directly through the TV the picture is also fine. I have had a new arial fitted with new cabling. When I check the signal strength through the box I get for BBC1SD strength 90% Quality 100% for BBC1HD I get strength 100% quality 100%. Any Advice?

| Mon 22 Aug 2016 16:17:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Allan S - 6 minutes ago  » 
    When watching BBC1 SD through the Humax box there picture keeps freezing for a second or so while the sound continues on. If I switch to BBC 1 HD the picture is fine. Watching BBC SD directly through the TV the picture is also fine. I have had a new arial fitted with new cabling. When I check the signal strength through the box I get for BBC1SD strength 90% Quality 100% for BBC1HD I get strength 100% quality 100%. Any Advice?

Your signal strengths may be too high. The fix would be to try a variable attenuator in the aerial feed (or if there is an amplifier try removing it) eg Link to attenuator on ebay

| Mon 22 Aug 2016 16:27:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Martin is most likely correct. In a broadly similar situation I had to remove a masthead amp to get any reception at all from a digital signal, that was with a fully cranked up attenuator already in the circuit.

| Mon 22 Aug 2016 18:54:11 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Allan S

Thanks for that I will try it

| Wed 24 Aug 2016 12:06:31 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.