My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Series link quirk.

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

One quirk I've never been able to understand or get to the bottom of with the 1000s is the series link anomaly.

If I go into the planner prior to a programme starting and press the red button I am given the option of recording an entire series. However, if the programme has already started that option disappears. You then have to set a reminder to set the recording again for the following week when it's available on the EPG.

Why is that? I have two Panasonic recorders and it matters not whether the programme has started or not. Simply go into the planner, highlight the programme in question, press the red button and you are immediately given the option of single or series record.

| Wed 8 Oct 2014 22:56:16 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I agree it's a quirk and it has been there since day 1. I raised it in the Freesat forum when it was active and they simply confirmed that that was the way it worked.

| Thu 9 Oct 2014 10:15:54 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I think it was the same on the Foxsat.

| Thu 9 Oct 2014 10:22:20 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 14 minutes ago  » 

Yes same on Foxsat and also HDR FOX T2/HD FOX T2. Pretty sure it's the same on The 9150, 9200 and 9300 older boxes as well and the newer variants on the HDR FOX T2 boxes.

Not a clue about the Youview boxes.

| Thu 9 Oct 2014 10:39:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

grahamlthompson - 7 minutes ago  » 

REPASSAC - 14 minutes ago  » 

Yes same on Foxsat and also HDR FOX T2/HD FOX T2. Pretty sure it's the same on The 9150, 9200 and 9300 older boxes as well and the newer variants on the HDR FOX T2 boxes.
    Not a clue about the Youview boxes.

Looks like we can blame Humax for this peculiarity then !

It does seem odd that once a programme has started it can't be series linked, leaving the user to find the next programme in the EPG to set a recording.

I presume Crid codes don't fly away on Humax boxes once the programme has started ?

| Thu 9 Oct 2014 10:47:39 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Does this quirk perhaps vary from channel to channel? I've just tried it on BBC 2 HD and had no difficulty setting a series link for Peaky Blinders, Mock the Week, and Panorama (none of which I normally record)

| Thu 9 Oct 2014 11:02:49 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JamesB - 1 minute ago  » 
    Does this quirk perhaps vary from channel to channel? I've just tried it on BBC 2 HD and had no difficulty setting a series link for Peaky Blinders, Mock the Week, and Panorama (none of which I normally record)

It only applies to a programme that has already started. Only way to record it is a one off from the recording time shift buffer and of course to get it all the box has to be tuned to the channel when the programme started. To set a series recording you have to go the next showing in the series.

| Thu 9 Oct 2014 11:07:42 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 minute ago  » 

JamesB - 1 minute ago  » 

It only applies to a programme that has already started. Only way to record it is a one off from the recording buffer and of course to get it all the box has to be tuned to the channel when the programme started. To set a series recording you have to go the next showing in the series.

I see. Thanks, Graham. Never happened to encounter this.

| Thu 9 Oct 2014 11:11:15 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

If we assume that the required series link information is still embedded in the pgm EPG entry after it starts I reckon it would be a fairly simple programming effort to bridge between recording an already started pgm and setting up the series record. After all the second part of the action, setting up the series record, is already coded. It would however require that the recording from the buffer started in the background to avoid a delay while the user responded to the series link pop-up question. Altogether not impossible unless there is some show-stopper not thought of.

| Thu 9 Oct 2014 11:43:57 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Well as said in my original post, both my Panasonic DVDR and the HW120 PVR can manage it with no issues at all. I can't therefore understand why Humax cannot manage it too.

| Thu 9 Oct 2014 22:57:53 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.