My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Series recording current program

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff_T

This seems a basic function, but if it exists I can't find how to do it. If I am watching a program and decide I want to record it that's fine - just hit record, but what if I want to record the whole series as well? I've tried from the i panel, from the guide, but can't find a solution. So far I've had to find the next occurance of the program and series record that as well as the current one, surely there is a simpler way?

| Thu 9 Feb 2017 21:24:30 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

There is no simpler way. After the programme starts, there appears to be no way to recover the required CRID (Content Reference Identifier) codes from the epg required to add a series recording (the epg is set to find the next episode when recording starts). TBH it's not that a major issue. You can just watch the first episode from the single recording and then watch the rest from the series folder.

If you are that bothered the HDR-FOX-T2 has the capability to create user folders and move the first recording and the subsequent recordings into the same folder.

If you add the custom firmware add on available for this box, you will have the best Freeview-HD pvr so far made.

| Thu 9 Feb 2017 22:45:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff_T

Thanks Graham, I just thought I'd check I wasn't missing a trick. I agree it's not a big problem, it was the first time yesterday that I wanted to do it as we normally plan recordings in advance and use the Webif interface of the custom firmware to set them.

I totally agree about it being the best Freeview PVR so far. I liked my first one so much I bought a second one! I'm already well invested in them - I've loaded both boxes with the custom firmware, and have removed the orange display film on both so that the display is clearly visible. I have also now fitted the main one with a 2TB drive, so I am well set up with space for a while. I've downloaded some of my old DVDs onto the main box and can watch recordings from either box on each other or on my tablet via DLNA too. I've got the custom firmware running various packages including redring to display the time on the box display, sweeper to tidy up recordings and remove "New" from program names, plus many others. With the custom firmware, it really is close to being the perfect PVR, so a big thanks to all those involved in creating that and the associated packages.

Now if someone can just find a way of adding a series record option to the current recording............!

| Fri 10 Feb 2017 9:58:45 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Geoff_T - 2 minutes ago  » 

Now if someone can just find a way of adding a series record option to the current recording............!

I doubt it's worth the effort, basically you would have to keep a record of all programme CRID's you might want to record (if they are even available) or find the next ocurrence and auto set up a series and later move the instant recording into the series folder which presumably won't be created until the later recording actually starts. If I remember correctly you can do this on Sky, presumably the epg is set up to retain crid codes after recording has started.

| Fri 10 Feb 2017 10:05:34 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff_T

grahamlthompson - 19 minutes ago  » 

Geoff_T - 2 minutes ago  » 

I doubt it's worth the effort, basically you would have to keep a record of all programme CRID's you might want to record (if they are even available) or find the next ocurrence and auto set up a series and later move the instant recording into the series folder which presumably won't be created until the later recording actually starts. If I remember correctly you can do this on Sky, presumably the epg is set up to retain crid codes after recording has started.

Yes, you can do it on Sky.

| Fri 10 Feb 2017 10:28:10 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff_T

I already have sweeper set up to create a folder for any individual recordings, as I think it just looks neater with everything in a folder. So it really is only a case of setting the current recording and then finding the next episode to series record. For the one yesterday, I just searched for the next episode on the Webif and set it up that way and they will end up in the one folder. I was just surprised there wasn't a quicker way to do it.

| Fri 10 Feb 2017 10:32:56 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.