My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Set remote recording from phone or tablet?

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

davh

After registering myself and my 4000T on http://www.myhumax.net I have been able to remotely set recordings on the PVR but only by accessing this website from my PC. Clicking on a programme to be recorded from the programme guide I get a menu box for the selection with a "reminder" and "recording" option. After selecting "recording" the programme to be recorded is initially shown on the schedule as "queuedrecording" before appearing with the clock icon after a few minutes. Recording is actioned.

However I am unable to set a recording if I access and sign in to the myhumax.net website through the Chrome browser on my phone or tablet (both android devices). I still get the menu box for the selected recording with a "reminder" and "recording" option but selecting either is ineffective.

All devices are on the same home wifi network - there doesn't seem any point trying from away from home until I can set recordings locally.

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

| Sat 7 Jan 2017 12:46:00 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I'd imagine it's to do with javascript that needs to be activated in the Chrome settings for the page you're accessing.
    You don't mention which browser you're currently using where it does work, but if you download something like 'opera' I'd guess you'd experience the same issue.

| Sat 7 Jan 2017 13:44:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Over the past few months I've had repeated problems with Chrome under Win7. Failing to render a site correctly, problems interfacing with bank authorisation systems when paying CC debt being the most prominent. Changing to IE there are no problems. Since I much prefer Chrome to IE it's a nuisance. Have reported it several times, again today since a payment to Barclaycard crashed.

| Sat 7 Jan 2017 14:40:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

davh

damian - 2 hours ago  » 
    I'd imagine it's to do with javascript that needs to be activated in the Chrome settings for the page you're accessing.
    You don't mention which browser you're currently using where it does work, but if you download something like 'opera' I'd guess you'd experience the same issue.

I have no problem setting remote recordings using Chrome or any other browser from a PC (running windows 10 and a laptop running 8.1). The problem only occurs when I try to set remote recordings accessing the using an android device to access the myhumax.net website.

| Sat 7 Jan 2017 16:04:11 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

davh - 33 minutes ago  » 
    The problem only occurs when I try to set remote recordings accessing the using an android device to access the myhumax.net website.

Have you considered using the Android app rather than a browser; see https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/remote-recording

| Sat 7 Jan 2017 16:38:45 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

davh

Have you considered using the Android app rather than a browser; see https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/remote-recording

Thanks Martin, I've tried the "HumaxTV Guide" app from my my phone. It seems to work although the feedback to confirm that a recording request has been executed is absent - consequently due to multiple presses on the screen I now apparently have 3 copies of Dads Army and a couple of channel 4 News scheduled and displayed on the myhumax website. However, if the recording schedule is selected on the app, it indicates "No schedule" although, as stated, they are displayed on the website.

The feedback regarding the various Humax apps on the Play Store including the Humax TV Guide are predominently negative and suggest that considerable improvement is required to make them effective.

| Sat 7 Jan 2017 21:53:27 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

woldsweather

Can you explain how you set recordings from a PC? I cant see my 5000T on the network.

blockquote>davh - 1 year ago  » 
    After registering myself and my 4000T on http://www.myhumax.net I have been able to remotely set recordings on the PVR but only by accessing this website from my PC. Clicking on a programme to be recorded from the programme guide I get a menu box for the selection with a "reminder" and "recording" option. After selecting "recording" the programme to be recorded is initially shown on the schedule as "queuedrecording" before appearing with the clock icon after a few minutes. Recording is actioned.
    However I am unable to set a recording if I access and sign in to the myhumax.net website through the Chrome browser on my phone or tablet (both android devices). I still get the menu box for the selected recording with a "reminder" and "recording" option but selecting either is ineffective.
    All devices are on the same home wifi network - there doesn't seem any point trying from away from home until I can set recordings locally.
    Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

| Mon 16 Jul 2018 21:27:13 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Have you tried the Humax Live TV app on your phone/tablet?

| Tue 17 Jul 2018 10:36:23 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.