My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Signal problems

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BobbingAlong

Help! I recently bought a Humax HDR7500T in Australia and had it shipped up to Papua New Guinea where I live. Unfortunately, the unit does not pick up a signal on my TV system even though Australian TVs work fine in PNG. All other features of the Humax HDR7500T work fine.

The Humax support people in Australia confirm that it will not pick a signal in Papua New Guinea.

Is there a software update that can be downloaded and installed so that it will work? These units are made in S Korea so surely at some stage the software was applied for Australia - surely another software can be applied.

If not, what model of Digital TV recorder is recommended for world wide use? I have lived in many countries in most continents and have never experienced a piece of electronics that simply will not work in the country it was bought in. Obviously, I do not expect the EPG to work in all countries.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

| Sat 23 Jun 2012 9:02:46 #1 |
  2. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Hi and welcome to the forum

Does Papua New Guinea have a Digital Terrestrial TV system? I couldn't find a reference to one. The Aussie TVs that work in PNG are probably using an analogue signal as the systems are the same (Pal B/G). Your HDR does not have an analogue tuner.

You may have been better off with a Digital Satellite PVR instead of terrestrial.

This is predominately a UK forum though we do have some members from other countries. Perhaps someone from Australia will see this and reply though you may be better off posting in an Aussie based DTV forum.

| Sat 23 Jun 2012 20:07:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BobbingAlong

Thanks, No, I guess PNG does not have a digital terrestrial TV system. However, I can't find any reference in the data specs I can find on the internet saying it will only work with a digital terrestrial TV system! In fact, even the user manual (http://www.humaxdigital.com/au/products/new_leaflet/CD_UM_HDR7500T_200GB_11-1107.pdf) makes no reference to terrestrial or satellite, nor analogue or digital!

I have found what looks like a busy forum based in Australia (http://forums.whirlpool.net.au) so I will have a go there. Thanks for your help.

| Sun 24 Jun 2012 8:26:16 #3 |
  4. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

This section from the manual

Tuner & Channel
    No. of Tuners 2
    Input Connector IEC 169-2 female
    Frequency Range 174-230MHz (VHF)
    520-820MHz (UHF)

Audio/Video Decoding
    Audio Decoding MPEG/MusiCam Layer I & II/Dolby Digital+
    Audio Mode Single channel/Dual channel/Joint stereo/Stereo
    Video Decoding MPEG-2 ISO/IEC 13818
    Transport Stream Specification
    Video Format 4:3, 16:9

From the frequency range indicates Terrestrial and from the Audio/Video Decoding section indicates Digital.

Also on Humax Aus site showing spec for 7500t

Tuner Type DVB-T, 2 Tuner

You may also want to consider a HDD/DVD recorder with both analogue and digital tuners if looking for an alternative.

Good luck

| Sun 24 Jun 2012 15:43:22 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.