My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Signal Problems

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alan-1951

Greetings All
    I have had the FVP 4000T for a few months now and am looking to find a solution for the following problem.
    When I connect my tv strait to the antenna feeder the signal level is at 75% and the quality is at 100%.
    When I put the FVP 4000T in line with rf cable ( yes the standby power is enabled ) the signal level drops to between 35 and 40% and the signal quality drops to between 0 and 30%
    When watching live tv through the FVP 4000T the picture freezes
    FVP 4000T signal strength 55% picture quality 75%
    There is a new antenna on the roof all cable work through the whole house has been replaced all tv’s are less than 12 months’ old
    Antenna on roof 4.5 mtrs feeder to F type splitter ( no amplification ) feeds to all rooms in house all other tv’s work fine good signal good quality

| Mon 16 Jan 2017 15:09:31 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Alan-1951 - 37 minutes ago  » 
    When I put the FVP 4000T in line with rf cable ( yes the standby power is enabled ) the signal level drops to between 35 and 40% and the signal quality drops to between 0 and 30%

When you say "standby power is enabled" do you actually mean "power saving in standby" is disabled?

| Mon 16 Jan 2017 15:48:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

I don't have an FVP4000T, but a couple of things spring to mind.
    When you say you insert the FVP between the aerial socket and your TV, are the low signal levels measured on the TV or the FVP or both?
    Also in the FVP menu is there a setting to turn on or off the antenna loop through signal?
    Another possibility is a faulty aerial cable from the FVP to the TV.

| Mon 16 Jan 2017 15:51:54 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alan-1951

The option to have power for RF Pass-through is enabled

All cables are new and have been swapped around to different locations to prove them

The low signal level's are measured on the tv as a no signal message keeps appearing

| Mon 16 Jan 2017 15:52:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Alan-1951 - 1 hour ago  » 
    The option to have power for RF Pass-through is enabled

The option offers either "On" or "Off". To enable RF loop through it has to be set to "Off".
    Is the option "Power Saving in Standby" set to "Off"?

| Mon 16 Jan 2017 17:43:35 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.