My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Signal too weak, but normal freeview is fine

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

simarwood

My Humax is telling me that the signal is too weak, but when I plug my aerial directly into my TV (by-passing my Humax), the normal freeview works fine.

If I plug the aerial thorough my Humax neither the normal freeview or through the Humax works (not enough signal).

This fault was intermittent but now seems to have stuck.

Am confused as surely if there was not enough signal, nothing would work.

Tried the Humax on other TV on separate aerial and worked no problem.

Please help me!!

| Mon 9 Nov 2015 10:47:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

simarwood - 1 hour ago  » 
    My Humax is telling me that the signal is too weak, but when I plug my aerial directly into my TV (by-passing my Humax), the normal freeview works fine.

So what is the signal strength and quality as reported by the Humax?

| Mon 9 Nov 2015 11:51:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

simarwood

Thanks for the reply; because it won't see any signal, it won;t show me the signal strength (everything is blanked out).

Will check this again later though

| Mon 9 Nov 2015 12:16:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

simarwood - 59 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the reply; because it won't see any signal, it won;t show me the signal strength (everything is blanked out).
    Will check this again later though

| Mon 9 Nov 2015 13:15:42 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

simarwood - 59 minutes ago  » 

So what is the signal strength and quality when plugged into the lead connected to the other aerial? Are both aerials pointing in the same direction? My initial thought is that the problem is either water in the aerial cable or a poorly fitted connector in the cable; have a careful look.

| Mon 9 Nov 2015 13:18:13 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

simarwood

The aerials will both be pointing the same way I suspect. Will check the signal strength.

I wondered about water etc, but why would the same aerial cable work fine when plugged directly into my freeview TV, but see no signal when plugged into the Humax? Is the Humax more likely to go down if signal quality is poor?

| Mon 9 Nov 2015 13:37:49 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

simarwood - 2 hours ago  » 

What is blanked out?

With without an aerial my HDR-FOX T2 comes up with the "The receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak." but it still allows me access to the signal detection page and select any of the tuned frequencies. It also allows me to go to the manual tuning menu which also has a signal detection meter and select any of the frequencies.

| Mon 9 Nov 2015 14:24:19 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

simarwood

Right, thank you, will have a look at the manual tuning menu tonight. I seem to remember not being able to access he signal strength ("blanked out") but will check.

Still don;t understand why get this message when hooked up to Humax, but signal strength is fine if I just plug the aerial straight into my TV

| Mon 9 Nov 2015 14:41:24 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

simarwood - 1 hour ago  » 
    I wondered about water etc, but why would the same aerial cable work fine when plugged directly into my freeview TV, but see no signal when plugged into the Humax? Is the Humax more likely to go down if signal quality is poor?

You haven't told us what the signal strength is yet; it could be that your signal strength is too high. The HDR-FOX has quite sensitive tuners so it will usually do better than other kit but is also more likely to give problems with poorly made connections.

| Mon 9 Nov 2015 15:23:18 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

simarwood

Thanks for all of the help, going to try and find signal strength info later tonight

| Mon 9 Nov 2015 15:26:50 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.