My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Smart Standby no longer working

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

t2000

Hi, for a week or so now I have noticed my Humax doesn't go into Smart Standby any more - it's in my bedroom so I am aware that it's "always on". I'm assuming this change may be due to a software update.

It's currently on v3.3.82 (Component Software)
    v29.36.0 (Manufacturers Software)

I noticed the other day, after I tried to do a manual software update, it said it needed to reboot but just sat there doing nothing. So I removed the power. manual updates have been fine since.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks

Andrew

| Tue 19 Dec 2017 0:31:53 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum Andrew

I suspect you have a YouView unit judging by the software versions you have reported so I'll move this to correct area.

There area a couple of things you could try:

1. 'Soft' rest press the standby button on for aroun d 8 seconds unit should reboot...failing that a maintenance mode reest maybe required see:

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode?q=maintenance

| Tue 19 Dec 2017 1:06:23 #2 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Smart Standby does not do what you think it does. It does not put the box into standby automatically but puts it into one of two standby modes when you turn it off (by pressing the OFF button on the remote) depending on the time range you have set: Either Deep Sleep (usually for overnight) or Light Sleep (typically for evenings).

There is another setting which will put it into standby after an amount of time without pressing any buttons, ranging from two hours to twelve hours. The standby mode being used depending on your Smart Standby settings.

| Tue 19 Dec 2017 11:21:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

t2000

Hi Barry thanks for the welcome. I've tried the soft reset but sadly didn't work, but I'll try the Maintenance mode at the weekend.

Hi Gomezz - thanks, I understand this, I originally had my Humax set to go into Deep Sleep between 23:00 and 09:00 and it used to do this. I would hear the HD spin down after 23:00 (assuming it was already in Light Sleep mode) and spin up again at 09:00. This would be interrupted in the night I assumed for software updates, when the HD would spin up for about 10-15 mins before spinning down again. Now, it just never spins down.

| Tue 19 Dec 2017 22:33:37 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.