My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Software disappears on reboot

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

sgodden

I have a fairly new unit that I received a couple of weeks ago to replace an older faulty one. I have installed the latest version of Raydon's software - easy. Got everything up and running, happily installed extra software from the repo, streaming stuff to VLC over the network - awesome!

The problem is - when I turn the unit off using the standby switch on the unit itself, and then power it up again the next day, none of the services are running. I have to reinstall off the USB stick every time.

Since none of the services are running, I can't log in via telnet to see what's going on. I have to resintall.

Anyone else faced this? Any tips to troubleshoot this? Anything different I should try in the install process? I believe I've followed the install instructions to the letter.

| Wed 23 May 2012 21:06:49 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. Can you confirm the version of 4.0.x you are using ?

| Wed 23 May 2012 21:10:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

sgodden

Thanks for the speedy reply:

I'm using 4.0.6

The HDR reports software version HPRSFCI 1.00.20, if that helps.

| Wed 23 May 2012 21:46:47 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

sgodden

Now that I read the instructions again, the version my HDR reports is interesting. The instructions say they will upgrade the unit to '1.00.17 custom', which seems less than the version my unit reports.

Is this more recent version incompatible in some way?

| Wed 23 May 2012 21:50:55 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

sgodden

Some more information. I have just reinstalled raydon's software, and can report the following:

The version immediately after that install is showing 'HPRSFCI 1.00.17'. I suspect that what is happening is that after a time the unit automatically updates itself OTA to the 1.00.20 version, overwriting this custom firmware.

Also, all of the services that I installed previously are still there. It just seems that the 1.00.20 that is being automatically installed over the top is removing the hooks to start those services.

Does Raydon just need to do a 1.00.20 build? Or can I turn off these automatic updates?

| Wed 23 May 2012 22:04:39 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

sgodden - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Does Raydon just need to do a 1.00.20 build? Or can I turn off these automatic updates?

Custom firmware v4.0.6 is based on official 1.00.17 firmware. That's why its being overwritten by the overnight OTA. Current version of firmware is v4.0.7 based on official Humax 1.00.20. Don't know where you got your outdated firmware from, but latest version of custom firmware is always available from the link in THIS post on AV Forums and nowhere else.

| Wed 23 May 2012 22:19:01 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

sgodden

Awesome thankyou - it's my inept googling that's at fault.

| Wed 23 May 2012 22:31:01 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.