My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Software Problems - DTR-T1000

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Traygar

Loss of all TV channels after switching unit back on after being in standby. Unit suggests weak or no signal despite tv working normally off same antenna via Humax box. Retune fails to find signal. Single strength fails to show at all in settings. Several resets required before unit finds tv channels again. TV signal quality is 100% and signal strength is in excess of 50% when tv channels found. This fault seems to occur whilst unit in standby and happened several times.

Unit also fails to find internet via lan connection on occasion no apparent reason. This is despite other internet enabled devices can connect to internet.

| Mon 30 Jul 2012 23:32:19 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brian 123

Glad I'm not the only one with signal probs. My strength is always ok at around 70 though the quality quickly changes between 20 one moment and then 100 the next? If I use the same coaxial cable on my tv I have no problems. I've retuned and reset the unit but still the same problem happens. Help!

| Mon 30 Jul 2012 23:48:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Traygar

I've discovered the fault appears to be with the ECO setting in non eco setting TV channels remain!! and the system starts quick. Try setting Eco to Low instead of High.

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 19:37:49 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mandlebrot

Here's a weird one. Myview is showing that 2 recordings have failed, now I know that doesn't seem to be weird but these recordings are in the future with one being Friday night and the other being Saturday. I don't have any other recordings set for those days/times so it's not just a recording clash. Anyone else getting this?

I was also getting the internet loss with other devices having no problem but this also stopped for me when I changed to Eco Low. I only changed to low in order to make the unit wake up faster but it worked for this also, strange.

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 23:39:20 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum all of you

I have not experienced the loss TV channels that is being reported here, but have had the failed furture recordings, and Internet connection loss.

Future failed timers from what I have witnessed:

1. When a change is made to the schedules in advance of the timer.
    2. When ITV change some of the hidden data.

Internet connection loss, usually when the unit has been on for a few hours, but not always. In addition to this the unit becomes 'sluggish' in responding to the remote, and HD channel changes.

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 23:54:00 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Traygar

Well I hoped the loss of TV channels wouldn't happen again but it has and in low eco mode too. Settings show no TV signal and I've tried resetting no signal. Areal disconnected from box and now direct in TV and picture is fine. Very disapointed with this product. I have always bought humax but I'm planning on sending this back. Not good.

| Sat 4 Aug 2012 22:53:55 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brian 123

Traygar, I gave up in the end as it had to be a problem with the box. I took it back to the well trusted local John Lewis and they swapped it for a new one. I've had no problems at all with this - it works a dream and is an excellent piece of kit. It could just be your box.... Good luck.

| Mon 6 Aug 2012 23:28:57 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

HUMUG

I too have had a software failure - this is my second Humax box - first box works perfectly but wanted the new facilities - the box set up perfectly but after an hour while watching a programme, a message came on screen saying that there was a loss of signal. Several set ups from factory settings proved useless. I tried on a different ariel - same problem. Replaced old box which worked perfectly. Hard to imagine Humax would market a product that is so 'flakey'. Should I send it back or is there a fix?

| Tue 7 Aug 2012 10:27:29 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.