My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Software update

(102 posts)
  1. Freddy

Freddy

I wouldn't get too excited about this software update. Mine still wont switch on properly.
    I am now entirely convinced that this piece of kit is the worst thing I have ever bought and it is already back in the box ready for a refund tomorrow at John Lewis.
    I have read up a lot about it on this forum and it is littered with faults.
    There is even a lengthy discussion on how long you have to press the button to actually switch it on properly because if you,re not careful, you are switching it back off before it has even come on properly.
    Come on, is someone having a laugh? I have never heard such rubbish in all my life.
    I think this is absolutely ridiculous but is a problem I am experiencing as well even when it does finally let me try to switch it on.
    Is the blg blue light coming on and will it stay on or go back to red or just do absolutely nothing at all?
    This is what it is like just trying to switch it on.
    Had enough. Driving me up the wall.

Cheers everyone and good luck.

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 0:33:48 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Sorry wasn't able to beta test but quick initial thoughts on latest update after a look round the revised menus etc:

Positives
    - great that you can now seemingly set a timer start/end time for the DLNA file server to stay on regardless of the box being in standby (negative for me is that so far I haven't got it to work even with it set to be on 24 hours - don't understand what I am doing wrong nor why they didn't put 3 menu choices
    e.g. on / off / timed would have made much more sense ?)
    - it is nice to be able to remotely view the schedule on humax.net and the humax tv guide app (I'm using Android) but why don't they display the info the same in both (e.g. website has option to delete schedule item and also displays date and day, app does not offer this data nor the delete option ?
    - I can't get either the web site or the app to display program guide data, I assume a Humax temporary problem ? (so can't try setting up recordings)
    - Although working previously, tonight I can no longer get the Humax LiveTV app to work on any of my android phone / tablet devices (not sure why, it used to work fine). Are we now also supposed to be able to watch Humax stuff away from home as the app write up suggests, in the same way that I access remote files on my NAS server away from home - but then it also says same network which contradicts ?).

Other:
    - can't find UKTVplay if this is supposed to be in this release
    - 2180p display option still does not work correctly
    - still can not display program info for current live programs within the EPG (only user bill63 seems to have sussed this one out )
    - still forced to do unnecessary extra key press to bring up alphabet display for keyword search
    - no catch up link for demand 5

Overall, nice to see Humax are trying to move this box forward at long last but still a little way to go yet me thinks......

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 2:33:10 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

I was also hoping the 2160p resolution problem would be put right on this update. Hopefully next time!

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 4:25:54 #13 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Awaiting confirmation that the roll out is phased, but my own testing appears to confirm.

If you want to update now, you can download the software for update via usb from this link:

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product_releases.php?gid=613&pid=6

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 8:23:39 #14 |
  5. RogerB

RogerB

special member

My Humax updated overnight. R-

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 8:50:40 #15 |
  6. barryiow

barryiow

Just checked and my FVP-4000T update itself.

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 9:35:57 #16 |
  7. Bargepower

Bargepower

giverny - 7 hours ago  » 
    Sorry wasn't able to beta test but quick initial thoughts on latest update after a look round the revised menus etc:
    Positives
    - I can't get either the web site or the app to display program guide data, I assume a Humax temporary problem ? (so can't try setting up recordings)
    - Although working previously, tonight I can no longer get the Humax LiveTV app to work on any of my android phone / tablet devices (not sure why, it used to work fine). Are we now also supposed to be able to watch Humax stuff away from home as the app write up suggests, in the same way that I access remote files on my NAS server away from home - but then it also says same network which contradicts ?).

I'm having the same problems - no guide info on the website, or on my android devices. Ipad won't find the FVP-4000T, just keep getting the message devices need to be on same network - which they are!

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 9:58:12 #17 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Update:

1. Aiming for unlimited roll out to be in place later today.

2. UK TV Play should launch tomorrow.

3. There is currently a server issue affecting guide population and both apps and web interface - investigations continue by server management team.

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 10:04:00 #18 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Off topic but

Reminder, make a note of your schedules, there is a retune event scheduled for today.

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 10:06:38 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi Barry, do you know if this is an over the air or through the internet update?
    Cheers.

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 10:53:12 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.