My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Software update

(102 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Have others got the Humax TV Live app working OK, is it just me with the problem ? Humax Guide app works OK for me just not the live TV one.

Just noticed that Humax haven't fixed the problem whereby when you select to view / play a series recording, the default is still to play the latest one instead of the oldest one.

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 14:38:26 #31 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

giverny - 2 hours ago  » 
    Barry
    Do you know whether the timer start / end function for DLNA server in standby mode is supposed to be working in this release. As much as I tweak the timer settings, as soon as I put the box in standby the server shuts down every time.
    Thanks

Just checked with Humax Towers, it should, work as you state. but they have received reports similar to yours and are investigating.

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 14:47:04 #32 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

bampsam - 2 hours ago  » 
    Barry,is there any chance you could use your influence with Humax Towers to see if any progress is being made with the 2160p issue. Regards.

Not sure I have any influence, however this is being investigated by the development team rather then the team who have worked on this release for remote record etc so may take longer to fix.

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 14:48:59 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

Barry - 1 minute ago  » 

bampsam - 2 hours ago  » 
    Barry,is there any chance you could use your influence with Humax Towers to see if any progress is being made with the 2160p issue. Regards.

Not sure I have any influence, however this is being investigated by the development team rather then the team who have worked on this release for remote record etc so may take longer to fix.

Appreciate your help,as do other forum members.

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 14:51:06 #34 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Those waiting for the update might want to try again now.

Unit I downgraded as a test is currently downloading 1.01.31

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 16:16:26 #35 |
  6. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Thanks Barry, I just updated mine to the latest software, and no cables required, it all worked wirelessly.

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 16:58:05 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

giverny - 2 hours ago  » 
    Have others got the Humax TV Live app working OK, is it just me with the problem ? Humax Guide app works OK for me just not the live TV one.

You're not alone. I get the "Unfortunately, Live TV has stopped responding" on both Live TV apps, on 3 android devices.

The odd thing is the app seems stable enough until it connects to the FVP-4000t. Install the app from scratch and it only appears to crash as soon as you select the Humax box. If you then re-open the app, it remembers that you chose the 4000t and immediately crashes.

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 17:14:44 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

Mine is running fine on my two iOS devices. Only got it up and running following advice from Barry. Thanks.

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 18:41:42 #38 |
  9. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I've managed to get the Live TV App working...eventually.

I had a lot of changes to make today, updating the software, a factory reset with instructions from Humax to get my On Demand services working properly, manually loading the TV channels and rescheduling all my series recordings.

I didn't do it all in the correct order so had to repeat some actions, but, fingers crossed, I now have everything up and running and have use my iPad to schedule a recording and it's now showing in my schedule

Perversely I can use the EPG on the iPad, (despite it being an old version still showing BBC4HD as having moved for the Olympics) to get info for live broadcasts without it changing the TV channel. If only it would do the same on the Humax EPG...

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 18:58:18 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Well managed to get my one updated at 6oclock tonight, all working well

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 21:37:52 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.