My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Software Update Stuck on 50%

(90 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

webby

Found your site after getting exhausted & infuriated with my HDR-2000T, which is still under warranty. We had been trying to escape the software update loop since Thurs, our box wouldn't do anything. I have telephoned Humax & sent several emails, their last reply was re setting to the factory default option, initially it wouldn't do anything as it was frozen on the software update screen, the remote didn't work, the box wasn't showing any lights but the screen was on. After reading your posts, we had another go trying some of the remedies on here. We have managed to do the factory reset, the update date is now 12 Sept 2013, & it has cleared the recordings we had (Humax Customer Service said these wouldn't be affected doing this but they've disappeared) The mouths are now out of sync with the speech, I've tried the lip sync but it hasn't made any difference. What will happen the next time they send an auto update out? Will all this occur again? Not impressed with the box or the customer service which in my opinion leaves a lot to be desired.

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 19:51:18 #61 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Are you saying your existing recordings have disappeared ? I believe you are confusing recordings with the recording schedule (future recordings). During a factory reset which restores your box to the as delivered settings, along with all other changes these are lost so need re-entering.

First time I have seen a post that indicates issues with lip-synch. At a guess it's a issue related to a setting you made after installing and now reversed by the reset.

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 19:59:42 #62 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

webby

We can't find the recordings which we hadn't yet viewed. Before this problem occurred we had 2 folders with 2complete series recorded, but these have disappeared. We have tested the record facility & it's recorded a programme. We were watching a programme but the lips weren't in sync with the audio. To our knowledge we hadn't done anything re the settings when we first bought it. Thanks for your reply.

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 20:19:33 #63 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

webby - 17 minutes ago  » 
    We can't find the recordings which we hadn't yet viewed. Before this problem occurred we had 2 folders with 2complete series recorded, but these have disappeared. We have tested the record facility & it's recorded a programme. We were watching a programme but the lips weren't in sync with the audio. To our knowledge we hadn't done anything re the settings when we first bought it. Thanks for your reply.

Can you try this (I have a theory that last nights clock change may be related).

Turn off the power to the box and leave it for say 10 mins. Restore the power, (based on other Humax boxes) the box will appear to wake up for a few minutes and then shut down).

Now boot the box in the usual way, are your existing recordings now present ?

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 20:41:16 #64 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

webby

Thanks for your advice, due to having tried to rectify this box since Thursday, we haven't dared touch it since doing the factory reset & getting it working. We have got up this morning & as I suspected, the box is flashing blue/purple, on switching on, it was a blank screen, I pressed the stb button & it was in the midst of doing the automatic software update. It is exactly the same screen as we've had for 4 days. I don't know when it commenced the update as it was in the process of doing it when we got up. In my mind is that even if we manage to do a factory reset again (& lose our recordings again) it will keep trying to update itself as its done now.its going to 50%.

| Mon 30 Mar 2015 7:19:06 #65 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Goldtooth

I had this problem too would not update with usb download either.
    Member Jason hill posted solution which I followed downloading via lan cable from my router.
    I did forget to disconnect aerial though.
    Completed download in two minutes together with latest loader I meant to say member Justin hill

| Mon 30 Mar 2015 9:10:52 #66 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

@webby - My tests

3 mornings on the trot have had same with a 2000T, the unit actually completed the update on what I guess is the third pass of downloading, ie just after 9am.

A factory reset, with the format HDD option not ticked should not delete your recordings only the scheduled timers, and other user changeable settings.

| Mon 30 Mar 2015 9:31:19 #67 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

webby

Thanks. We did the factory reset without ticking the format hdid box & the recordings weren't visible. It said we had 9% of storage available, I didn't think this could be right as we'd only recorded 2 programme series (Silks & Downton Abbey) we did a reset & ticked the box & got 92% storage available. Neither showed our 2 recordings,. We are not connected to the Internet via the box. This box is still under Humax warranty, but each time I've asked about this there's no response about the warranty. We haven't the time at the minute to try & rectify again, we've spent hours these last few days & our patience is wearing thin!!

| Mon 30 Mar 2015 10:01:21 #68 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

webby

Have just powered box on again, software update screen on, not downloading nor is there a total progress . It has now flashed up at the bottom in yellow, E009 New Software Not Found The System Will Restart Now. This message goes off to be replaced by Do Not Turn Off The System in red, & still on the software update screen, it's on a loop but not now doing any downloading at all before it was to 50%. I'm no expert but I would say the system seems jiggered!!!

| Mon 30 Mar 2015 10:21:34 #69 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

webby - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thanks. We did the factory reset without ticking the format hdid box & the recordings weren't visible. It said we had 9% of storage available, I didn't think this could be right as we'd only recorded 2 programme series (Silks & Downton Abbey) we did a reset & ticked the box & got 92% storage available. Neither showed our 2 recordings,.

It does seem to be in quite a state. I think you have two options, return it for a refund/repair/swap. Or download the update onto a usb stick, disconnect the aerial and update the box manually following the advice from others here.

It's unclear to me whether you've ticked the box to format and how it's possible to view, be it in sync or not or record when it's stuck in an update loop. Doesn't really matter though, if the box was ticked at any time during a reset then there's a very good chance the recordings have been deleted. Personally I'd go down the usb update route, assuming you have a suitable usb stick. Others I'm sure would recommend simply returning the box under warranty. Best of luck with it, let us know how you get on.

| Mon 30 Mar 2015 12:31:31 #70 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.