My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Software version 1.01.11 - lost recordings

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Since the latest update, on a couple of occasions after boot from Standby, my box says no recordings even though I know they are there and the storage space is showing still allocated. Then magically either a few minutes or hours later the recordings re-appear. Any-one else got this feature ?
    Also noted that when booting the box up, the aerial pass through signal shuts off for a few seconds too (not ideal as I feed through to a 2nd PVR as back up as I don't yet trust the 4000T to be reliable (I'm on my 3rd box now). May have to reconfigure my aerial cables...

| Mon 16 May 2016 14:43:17 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Witnessed the 'lost recordings' on all software versions so far.

| Mon 16 May 2016 14:50:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

OK, thanks. Assume Humax are aware of this issue for next update ?

| Mon 16 May 2016 23:22:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I don't think keep getting replacement units is the answer to solving firmware/software bugs.

| Tue 17 May 2016 10:06:47 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Faust - 8 hours ago  » 
    I don't think keep getting replacement units is the answer to solving firmware/software bugs.

How would you know if you don't know where the bugs are ? Humax suggested the box replacements as even they don't seem to know what is causing the corrupted recordings problem, which is the specific reason for my replacement boxes.

| Tue 17 May 2016 18:17:56 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

giverny - 4 hours ago  » 

Faust - 8 hours ago  » 

How would you know if you don't know where the bugs are ? Humax suggested the box replacements as even they don't seem to know what is causing the corrupted recordings problem, which is the specific reason for my replacement boxes.

Well given it's highly unlikely to be a hardware issue on multiple units that then only leaves firmware/software. As all the units are programmed with the same firmware/software then surely they will all have the same issues?

| Tue 17 May 2016 22:33:54 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bazarchie

I had this fault for the first time today. The recordings menu only showed program recorded today but the HDD status bar suggests all,recordings are still there.

Why has this happened and any solutions?

Regards

| Wed 18 May 2016 20:28:51 #7 |
  8. DenBassMan

DenBassMan

I've seen this fault happen after the recent firmware upgrade but not previous to that. I had to hard reboot the machine to get the recordings list back again.

| Thu 19 May 2016 18:49:08 #8 |
  9. Davygogs

Davygogs

Happened to me twice in 5 months but not happened since the latest update yet.

Its not worried me as they soon re-appear & i assume a reboot will restore them if you dont want to wait.

| Thu 19 May 2016 20:32:13 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Tonight the box started recording two new programs at 9pm. As at 9.10pm when I looked only the two new recordings were showing in the recorded list. I assume the others will re-appear in due course when the box decides to display them.

This box could have been brilliant but is just so bug ridden it is such a shame.

| Thu 19 May 2016 21:38:09 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.