My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Sometimes cannot get playback

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgchgc

To get playback the manual says
    Press media
    Press menu and select Video
    and I just land up back where I started, i.e. back on whatever programme was on when I wanted to use playback.

I tried putting the machine in standby and then the same thing happened.

I tried switching it off at the electricity socket switched it back on and then it worked perfectly.

Can someone tell me why this happened?

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 14:19:40 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

That should read:

Press Media OR Press menu etc....

That displays a list of recorded programmes, it is then just a matter of highlighting the one you wish to view..

Press either the play button or OK if you wish to choose option of resume or start from beginning etc.

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 16:13:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgchgc

Thank you Barry.

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 17:25:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

hgchgc - 4 hours ago  » 
    To get playback the manual says
    Press media
    Press menu and select Video

There a few other places in the manual where Humax have used the same symbol in front of items in a list.
    In the other lists that use the Black Diamond Minus White X ❖ it also means that list is a list of options.

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 18:40:15 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

TrevorB

Hi, I have only just joined but have been reading site for some time. I was just going to add new post then seen this one.
    I have suddenly got same/similar problem.
    Unit is 13 months old. Very little used. Maybe only 20 recordings in a year. Remote buttons hardly used. Latest software downloaded. New batts in remote.
    My prob is Media button on remote will not work unit (remote red lights up) If I click Menu, scroll to Audio then right click it will no go into the recordings that way, just returns TV screen.
    Is there any way to make Media button work or do I just get new remote.
    I take it there is no way I can play my recordings without a remote.
    Many thanks for any help

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 18:57:20 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

TrevorB - 31 minutes ago  » 

My prob is Media button on remote will not work unit (remote red lights up) If I click Menu, scroll to Audio then right click it will no go into the recordings that way, just returns TV screen.

If I am understanding you correctly then you are saying that you cannot access your recordings using either method.

While watching a channel live can you pause and rewind?

Have you tried fully powering down the HDR then restarting from cold?

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 19:30:58 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

TrevorB

Hi Luke, yes you are understanding me correctly.
    I cannot access my recordings using either method.
    Watching a TV channel, yes I can pause and rewind (I have never done that before, as mentioned, unit and remote little use)
    The media button did pack up last week but then returned again until I tried to use it last night.
    Fully powering down? I think so as we turn unit off at mains plug every time after use

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 19:36:34 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

TrevorB

Just an update to hopefully close the case.
    For no reason my remote suddenly started working fine again.
    I can now access my recordings using either of the known methods.
    Tested it twice a day for last 5 days and all fine
    Used it more in last 5 days for testing than total use in last 12 months since purchase!!

| Sun 20 Dec 2015 17:15:41 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonyward50

Trevor,
    I have exactly the same problem. I could not access the hard-drive, so I could not play anything that had been recorded.
    The only way around it was to switch-off, unplug and restart, just like many computers. This cleared the fault, and all was well for 3 weeks, and now it has happened again. Tried the method above and it has been restored.
    I wanted to return the item to Curry's as they have a "no quibble guarantee" but they told me that they have to find the fault before they can replace it. As it is intermittent, I am stuck with an annoying machine.
    This is the second machine this has happened with, so no more Humax....unless anyone can tell me otherwise.

| Mon 28 Dec 2015 17:38:21 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgchgc

Hi

I have now got into the habit of turning on my machine and then testing to see of the video bit has downloaded properly. Mine is also intermittent.

Has anyone contacted Humax on this as if they agree that this is a fault then surely Currys cannot argue.

I bought mine from John Lewis and they are supposed to be good about taking back faulty stuff. We shall see!

| Mon 4 Jan 2016 16:46:57 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.