My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Sound conflict with HD channels

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dingaling0

I have just installed a Humax Foxsat HDR and at the same time an Orbitsound soundbar to improve the audio quality on my Sony TV, BUT when I tune the Foxsat in to a HD channel I get tremendous interference on sound through the soundbar ( a very loud rippling white noise). On regular channels it’s fine and OK on HD through the TV with the Soundbar off. I think it is a problem the Humax PVR because it does not occur through my Virgin Tivo box.

| Tue 14 Aug 2012 13:44:42 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

How is the HDR connected to the soundbar?

| Tue 14 Aug 2012 16:13:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dingaling0

hi gomezz'

I found the problem - just turned off dolby digital under tv set up.

thanks for your interest

| Wed 15 Aug 2012 13:12:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

scorpio

I have joined this forum to try and get an answer to a problem that has bugged me for nearly 3 years with the audio from my Humax Foxsat HDR through my LG TV to my hi-fi system.
    I have tried every possible way to connect the optical cable but I have had to endure different settings, use of 3 different remotes and turning volume right down on amplifier to prevent loud "pops" from destroying my speakers when changing from and to HD channels.
    Within 5 mins of logging onto the forum I found this post and decided to try turning off Dolby Digital on my tv - and I can't believe it worked!!
    Thank you so much to Dingaling0 but why on earth is there nothing in the Humax instruction book ref. this problem and how many people are out there with the same problem?

| Fri 3 Jan 2014 15:53:55 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.