My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Sound "echo" on Recordings & Channels

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Virge857

I use my Humax Freesat HDR T2 Recorder connected to an old Sky satellite dish to watch and record all TV programmes.The humax box then feeds to a LG LM620T 3D LED TV. When it first occurred on a recording I spoke with LG who suggested several things to do through the settings button. It has continued afterwards on both recorded and real TV and is more noticeable once the TV is warm. Argos have kindly changed the TV so I am holding my breath. However I noted on one of these forums that others of you have had similar happenings but with other TV's which points to the problem being caused by the Humax box.
    Any ideas please?
    Trevor

| Mon 22 Apr 2013 7:32:18 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum Trevor

Before anyone can help we need you to confirm exactly which model of Humax box you have, as there is no such beast as a 'Freesat HDR T2'

Freesat products would be Foxsat HDR or the new 'freetime' product HDR 1000S

I have the previous model of LG TV and have never experienced the echo problem with any of my Humax kit.

Once confirmed this can be moved to correct area.

| Mon 22 Apr 2013 8:02:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Virge857

Thankyou Barry and my apologies. The box is a Humax Foxsat+ HDR with 1Tb HDD.

| Mon 22 Apr 2013 20:50:53 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

I get an echo if I forget to turn the volume down on the TV while using my separate sound system. Is your Foxsat hooked up to anything else other than the TV which may be playing sound?

Or is the sound mode on the TV set to some weird theatre / stadium setting for the input the Foxsat is connected to?

| Mon 22 Apr 2013 22:50:06 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Virge857

Hi Gomezz
    Thanks for your response. Connected to the TV by HDMI is a LG BluRay DVD player and at the A/V connection a Sony Video/DVD player. Neither are on when watching TV and all sound is played through the TV's speakers(Sound Bars etc to difficult for this silver surfer). I took the advice of another Humax forum turned the vol to max on the Humax box and controlled the vol through the TV. TV changed 3 days ago(same Model) so far no re-occurrence of problem. All settings for TV are as default.
    I am beginning to think that the prob was the TV however "still holding my breath"
    Trevor

| Tue 23 Apr 2013 7:28:31 #5 |
  6. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Glad to hear it is sorted for you. Turning the volume on the Foxsat to the max is the recommended modus operandi maybe backing it off a tad to balance between the level between HD and SD channels if need be (the volume control does not affect the level of the HD digital surround sound audio).

| Tue 23 Apr 2013 9:07:26 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.