My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Standby after recording

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

disolar

During the day my 5000T reverts back to standby[red] after a recording has finished,but after recording during the early hours of the morning it is on[blue] when I get up.Is this normal? I have had it for three days.B y the way I think it is a huge improvement on the 4000T.

| Thu 9 Nov 2017 11:35:22 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If it starts recording in sby it should go back to sby afterwards. Check you haven't got a power on timer set so that the box is booted before recording or a reminder which I notice wakes the box from sby to view a specific programme but fails to go back to sby after the programme has finished. If you post the programme you are recording overnight I will see if I can replicate. Barry will likely try the same.

| Thu 9 Nov 2017 11:53:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

thegenegenie

Mine does the same, somewhere between 10 minutes and an hour after a timed recording has finished it switches itself on, this can happen at any time of day, not just overnight, I just set a timer to switch on and off 5 minutes after last recording of the evening has finished, I've also noticed that if you switch on and off during recording (from standby) it happens less.

| Thu 9 Nov 2017 19:45:49 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

thegenegenie - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Mine does the same, somewhere between 10 minutes and an hour after a timed recording has finished it switches itself on, this can happen at any time of day, not just overnight, I just set a timer to switch on and off 5 minutes after last recording of the evening has finished, I've also noticed that if you switch on and off during recording (from standby) it happens less.

Does this correspond to using a different remote control to do something else ?

| Thu 9 Nov 2017 19:50:08 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

thegenegenie

That's what I thought at first, the most likely suspect was my Sky HD remote, but it never switches on during a recording, only afterwards, and 9 times out of 10 about 10 mins after recording has finished.

| Thu 9 Nov 2017 20:00:32 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

thegenegenie - 50 minutes ago  » 
    That's what I thought at first, the most likely suspect was my Sky HD remote, but it never switches on during a recording, only afterwards, and 9 times out of 10 about 10 mins after recording has finished.

I find my box often needs two pushes of the power button to wake while recording but only one when in sby. If it happens again check if you are using a different remote when the box boots.

| Thu 9 Nov 2017 20:52:25 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.