My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Standby mode

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tuctuc

Liking the Fvp4000t (amazing picture) even though it's a bit clunky in a few menu areas I'd imagine these will get sorted in future updates (hopefully).

Is it my imagination but the hard drive seems to be spinning when in standby, is this right?

| Tue 3 Nov 2015 20:00:17 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Should not be spinning - is there a timer due within next 15 minutes?

| Tue 3 Nov 2015 20:36:22 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tuctuc

Hi Barry, no timer set. I checked this morning and drive was spinning, switched it on then off and the disk parked. I switched off last night whilst it was recording, so should it then Park the disk and power down to standby but disk is still spinning?

| Wed 4 Nov 2015 20:01:30 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Tuctuc - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Barry, no timer set. I checked this morning and drive was spinning, switched it on then off and the disk parked. I switched off last night whilst it was recording, so should it then Park the disk and power down to standby but disk is still spinning?

Only after the current recording has completed and another one is not due in the next 15 minutes.

| Wed 4 Nov 2015 20:07:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harryhornby

special member

Mine did this too last night, I read this thread and listened after I had turned it off. There was certainly a humming, like a HDD. I'm pretty sure there was nothing recording. Can double check when I get home.

| Thu 5 Nov 2015 11:27:19 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The unit does not shut down to standby immediately, it performs some background tasks.

From pressing standby on my unit it takes approx. 1 min 27 secs before attached power meter registers zero.

| Thu 5 Nov 2015 11:53:04 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harryhornby

special member

it was certainly left for that long after I turned it off. I'll have another go tonight when I get in from work. I expected it to do some shutting down process so did walk away for a bit and come back to it last night.

| Thu 5 Nov 2015 12:11:10 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Can you both check software version, should be 1.00.59 which is the latest.

| Thu 5 Nov 2015 12:40:47 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

pharmacologist 51

Hi,

All the problems mentioned about the size of the EPG etc. is interesting, but is there any one else who bought one on the first day, thought it was brilliant but has to pull the plug out every day wait 10 seconds re-inser plug, before it will start again (red and blue lights are random - mean nothing). I've had every engineer in the world, added at800 filter, switched off evey other potential signal that could be causing intereference, the signal strngth / rquality etc. is fine - but if you swithch it off there is no way it will start again without a "cold Rebboot"

I've had every other Humax box that they have made for the past 20-odd years without any problem? Thanks.

| Thu 5 Nov 2015 16:50:47 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

What software version does your unit have?

| Thu 5 Nov 2015 16:56:27 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.