My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

starting with favourites? (+disk size)

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

79807uk

Am a new user of a 2000T/500gb, I understand from reading forum posts I can't change the channel order in the channel list or the guide directly beyond deletions. I've created a favourite group with the order I want, but is there a way of making this the default view in the channel list and the guide?

On a smaller point, I was surprised to see 73gb of the 500gb is 'reserved' for system storage and can't be used for recordings - is this the same percentage for other users? Almost at a stroke, the drive is close to 20% smaller than advertised.

| Sun 28 Mar 2021 9:37:31 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

79807uk - 47 mins ago  » 
    Am a new user of a 2000T/500gb, I understand from reading forum posts I can't change the channel order in the channel list or the guide directly beyond deletions. I've created a favourite group with the order I want, but is there a way of making this the default view in the channel list and the guide?

Welcome to our Forum

See this FAQ

On a smaller point, I was surprised to see 73gb of the 500gb is 'reserved' for system storage and can't be used for recordings - is this the same percentage for other users? Almost at a stroke, the drive is close to 20% smaller than advertised.

Yes that is the same for all.

| Sun 28 Mar 2021 10:26:49 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

79807uk

Many thanks for the welcome, Barry, and for the FAQ link, which I clearly didn't find when searching.

And clicking on a favourite now seems to have fixed 'favourites 1' in both the list and the guide. Will turn the PVR off overnight to see if it really is 'sticky' and opens in place tomorrow.

And thanks for the confirmation of the 'reserved' storage size. I think I would have gone for a larger model if I'd have known that before buying.

Thanks again for your prompt help.

| Sun 28 Mar 2021 11:12:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

79807uk - 4 hours ago  » 
    And thanks for the confirmation of the 'reserved' storage size. I think I would have gone for a larger model if I'd have known that before buying.
    Thanks again for your prompt help.

The figure of 73GB for "Reserved Size" is not accurate.
    The storage figures are similar on the HDR-FOX T2 where there has been opportunities to more easily examine what the real figures are.

On the storage screen the first two figures are not in GB. The real units used for the first two figures are GiB. The size of the disk displayed at the bottom is in GB.
    To make the first 3 numbers add up to 500GB the "Reserved Size" has to be adjusted upwards by about 34. This 34 isn't space lost, but space that is already included in the first two figures where the in it should have stated GiB and not GB. This does make the displayed "Reserved Size" a bit of nonsense.
    The rest of the "Reserved Size" is for the timeslip buffer, disk organisation, the stored epg, and the Portal (e.g. the storage buffer for iPlayer).

79807uk - 4 hours ago  » 
    And clicking on a favourite now seems to have fixed 'favourites 1' in both the list and the guide.

To make the favourites stick there is a second route. You can also use the FAQ's technique on the List function (displayed by using the LIST button on the remote), i.e. by changing to a channel contained within the list selected on the List function.

| Sun 28 Mar 2021 16:19:40 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.