My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

still having problems trying to connect from my Humax HDR-FOX T2 Recorder to my

(10 posts)
  1. mickiow

mickiow

Hi all,
    I tried to post on my first topic but it does not seem to let me?
    I am still having problems trying to connect from my Humax HDR-FOX T2 Recorder to my Samsung TV
    Model: LE32A336JIDXXU.

I still get (but not every time) a screen report of “No Signal” check cables when waking the Humax up from standby if it is recording one programme and I want to watch a pre recorded programme from my Humax HDR-FOX T2 Recorder.

It also happens with a Sagemcom recorder I also have connected by HDMI Cables to the 2nd slot on the TV.

I have done the factory reset and replaced to HDMI cables and tried changing the slot position on the TV.
    I was hoping that there might have been an improved driver for the TV set, but a search from it says non available, the set has no internet connection or USB slot to manually add a new driver even if there were one?
    I have written to Samsung but was advised only to re do a channel search, despite my saying there are no problems watching live programmes only with my pre recorded ones from a recorder.

If the problem is with the TV, and it seems that to me, can anyone suggest a 32inch HD TV, that will connect ok ?
    We get HD Digital here in March this year.

Hoping somwone can help please,
    Mick.

| Thu 26 Jan 2012 14:19:42 #1 |
  2. mickiow

mickiow

Hi again,
    Seeing the post to a simular proble with the advice to
    1.Try Selecting another input on the TV and go back to the correct hdmi input

Or Cycle through the v format options
    Either should force the TV to renegotiate HDCP handshake.

Pushing the v format button on my7 remote shows 1080i I cannot see how to Cycle through the v format options?

What are the options?
    Do they need to be done after anouther factory re set?
    Mick.

| Thu 26 Jan 2012 14:55:10 #2 |
  3. athomson

athomson

special member

You need to just keep pressing vFormat untill the option you want shows, this is mentioned on page 16 if I remember correctly. When I used it I got a requster asking if I could see a picture after I had stopped cycling. Hope this helps.

| Thu 26 Jan 2012 16:41:21 #3 |
  4. mickiow

mickiow

Hi again,
    I can only apologise that I am having problems grasping my trying to set a resolution on the Humax box that will give the best chance of a connection via Hdmi.

After a search I now know the difference between i and p at least.

On reading the manual for the Samsung LCD TV as well as for the Humax HDR-FOX T2 Freeview+ HD Twin Tuner with 1TBHard disc Recorder.
    No matter what setting I leave displayed by using the v-format button on the Humax remote (with the TV reciving through the box) when I push the i button the display box shows a resolution of 576i
    Does this mean that 576i is what the TV can use?
    If so what setting will it be best for me to set the v-format button as?

We get HD in March, will this make things different?
    Mick.

| Fri 27 Jan 2012 10:22:11 #4 |
  5. athomson

athomson

special member

I think you will see on all SD broadcasts the channel is in 576i, if you press 'i' while watching HD in march you will see the broadcast resolution, 1080i or 1080p. The vFormat controls the output from the Humax via HDMI so the picture is Up/Down scaled to what you set, this is a seperate setting to the bradcast resolution. Perhaps others can explain it better.

| Fri 27 Jan 2012 10:32:45 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The display on the box is showing the received broadcast information. 576i for SD, 1080i for HD.

Vformat cycles through the upscaling options that the box sends to the TV (most TV's will tell you what they are receiving for a few seconds).

576i will transmit a SD transmission over HDMI without scaling it at all. 1080i will do the same for HD channels. In both cases the TV will scale the signals to match it's screen (1920 x 1080 for a FUll-HD TV).

The other options scale and or de-interlace (convert interlaced to progressive). In all cases if the signals don't match the screen the TV also scales the picture.

Example V-format set at 720p.

This creates a 1280 x 720 progressive signal, a FULL-HD tv will create 1920 x 1080 pixels from the 1280 x 720 it receives.

| Fri 27 Jan 2012 12:06:04 #6 |
  7. mickiow

mickiow

Thank you all for your patience with me.

In my thoughts from this is it best to set v-format to 576i for present sd transmissions.
    Then in March 2012 when our HD starts set to 1080i for, both then will mean no up scaling needed.

Or is it that i might get a connection by HDMI more often by setting a lower setting?
    Mick.

Mick.

| Sat 28 Jan 2012 12:28:09 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Leaving the box at 1080i or 1080p has the advantage of displaying the epg in it's full resolution. If you leave it at 576i then the epg will not be as sharp as the higher resolution settings.

I leave my HD FOX T2 on 1080p and don't have any handshaking problems.

| Sat 28 Jan 2012 12:34:32 #8 |
  9. mickiow

mickiow

Thanks have set it at 1080p and will see how it goes.

Samsung have sent a 2nd post this time with a link to another driver to install on the 32inch LCD TV
    But it then goes on to tell me to install it with a USB stick!!
    When I had already told them the TV had no USB slot.

I will phone them and see if the "service" socket on it can be used?

They wanted and had all the model and serial numbers from the set yet still do not seem to know what model it is?
    Mick.

| Sun 29 Jan 2012 10:22:27 #9 |
  10. mickiow

mickiow

Hi all,
    An update with a good conclusion!
    I decided to upgrade my Samsung 32in LCD TV to a Toshiba 40inch LCD TV Model: 40KV701B.
    All went well a good picture and connected by HDMI with my Humax HDR-FOX T2 ok, but the sound from the set was terrible quality that was not improved with a home theatre sound bar!

So I returned it and got a SAMSUNG UE40D5520 40" Full HD LED TV, all now ok good connection with the Humax and the sound from the set is good without the sound bar.

The problem with the original four year old 32in Samsung was there were no updates available for it or any way of adding them if there were, anyway that set has another home, and all is good with me now.
    Mick.

| Sun 19 Feb 2012 10:23:36 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.