My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Still looking, still uncertain

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

blackbeard

Hi
    I'm still looking for a new DTR, had access to a 9300T for awhile and was happy with it - except having to remove the hard disk if a program was to be kept.

Needs to be Freeview. Wondered about the 4000 but the owners reviews on Amazon are patchy to say the least. Similarly there appear to be plenty of difficulties/problems with models on here as well..

Your thoughts, recommendations would be appreciated.

| Mon 10 Oct 2016 23:06:04 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

If I were to replace my current Freeview PVR I would be thinking of an older Humax Fox T2 model if I could find one still available and install the custom firmware from Raydon. Then spend a little of the savings on a modern Android TV box to provide catch-up and demand services such as iPlayer and Netflix etc.

| Tue 11 Oct 2016 9:17:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bph

If the 4000 worked consistently It's probably the best box available. The features and functionality are amazing. I'm still blowing hot and cold though and may yet return it. I have the latest software update, have turned off network services etc as per suggestions but still having to power down and reboot at intervals as it will not show up on the TV and is effectively locked out.

Last night it moved all my scheduled recordings from SD to HD so initially looked like it had just lost them. Once (hopefully) the software is sorted and the glitches disappear then it should be a great piece of kit - as it stands right now I'm not sure it's actually fit for purpose and had I not already would be unlikely to purchase it.

| Mon 17 Oct 2016 10:04:51 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.