My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Stop box rebooting every hour

(12 posts)
  1. Davy

Davy

special member

I have the hdr1010s, I bought a new smart TV and unfortunately I have only 3 hdmi ports and have used them all up with other things I need.
    I have connected this via a scart lead to the TV and picture and sound is still excellent.
    My question is how do I stop the freesat box rebooting every hour, screen goes blank for a few seconds and the picture on the TV is affected when it does this, in that it says, no signal until the box comes back on?
    I take it it's looking for an update or checking for new recording inputs etc,,but I want to,switch it off.
    Is there any setting I can use for this?
    Tv is an LG one.

| Wed 4 Mar 2015 13:11:01 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The box rebooting is most likely down to the fact that you have installed and paired the Freesat remote scheduling app. If you unpair it should stop the rebooting.

Using a scart lead means you are only watching SD pictures, why not can share a hdmi port a auto hdmi switch.

eg

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-SWITCH-REMOTE-output-Switcher/dp/B001DAVA64&tag=blusas008-21

| Wed 4 Mar 2015 13:44:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    The box rebooting is most likely down to the fact that you have installed and paired the Freesat remote scheduling app. If you unpair it should stop the rebooting.
    Using a scart lead means you are only watching SD pictures, why not can share a hdmi port a auto hdmi switch.
    eg
    https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-SWITCH-REMOTE-output-Switcher/dp/B001DAVA64/?tag=blusas008-21

/?tag=blusas008-21

I can vouch for the product Graham has provided a link to - I have one and use it for exactly the purpose the poster needs it for i.e. to provide more HDMI connections. Works a treat for me and I don't need the power option.

| Wed 4 Mar 2015 15:33:06 #3 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

I don't think the OPs problem has anything to do with the app.
    Mine did exactly the same last night while we were watching a recording, it's only done it once so far, but screen went blank along with silence then some seconds later picture and sound came back tuned into live broadcast and then the Home screen appeared.

| Wed 4 Mar 2015 15:59:33 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

-gonzo- - 15 minutes ago  » 
    I don't think the OPs problem has anything to do with the app.
    Mine did exactly the same last night while we were watching a recording, it's only done it once so far, but screen went blank along with silence then some seconds later picture and sound came back tuned into live broadcast and then the Home screen appeared.

I think we are talking at cross purposes.

The box momentarily pulses the scart auto select pin on waking up (and energises the hdmi out - this can be an issue when connected to a TV that auto selects hdmi on port activity). As a result you are left looking at the scart input on the TV that doesn't actually have anything on it. The box though doesn't wake up every hour to do anything, it only wakes to make a scheduled recording which seems to be very unlikely to be every hour. Afaik the only way that the box repeatedly boots is down to the remote schedule app.

Using scart the problem can be resolved by removing the auto select pin from one scart plug, this also has the effect of disabling auto Widescreen switching on the TV.

The OP can't presumably have been watching the box at the time but rather something else.

| Wed 4 Mar 2015 16:24:10 #5 |
  6. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

grahamlthompson - 22 minutes ago  » 
    The OP can't presumably have been watching the box at the time but rather something else.

That's not the way I read it
    "screen goes blank for a few seconds and the picture on the TV is affected when it does this, in that it says, no signal until the box comes back on?"

Surely if the OP wasn't watching via the box then he wouldn't see "no signal" and have to wait for the box to come back on again?

| Wed 4 Mar 2015 16:53:25 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

-gonzo- - 16 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 22 minutes ago  » 

That's not the way I read it
    "screen goes blank for a few seconds and the picture on the TV is affected when it does this, in that it says, no signal until the box comes back on?"
    Surely if the OP wasn't watching via the box then he wouldn't see "no signal" and have to wait for the box to come back on again?

For the box to boot up he presumably cannot be watching it in the first place (he did not say the box re-booted, while watching).

The only sense I can make of this is if the OP is watching something else, the box boots and selects the scart socket (which has no input, only a auto select operation). Viewing is restored when the box removes the pin 8 auto select voltage and the TV reverts to the input that was already in use.

If the box was actually re-booting while in use, the picture loss woud be a lot longer than a few seconds (around 35-40 seconds or so).

| Wed 4 Mar 2015 17:14:19 #7 |
  8. Davy

Davy

special member

Only happens when I am watching TV and not whenever I am watching TV using the freesat box if you see what I mean. If I am watching say Netflix on my Roku 3 then there is no problems at all, only the TV is affected when I am not using the Freesat. Also, if the Freesat box is on and I'm again viewing the TV on HDMI, then it doesn't affect it either. If Freesat is connected via HDMI then nothing is affected either.

| Thu 5 Mar 2015 14:41:51 #8 |
  9. Davy

Davy

special member

Faust - 23 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    eg
    https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-SWITCH-REMOTE-output-Switcher/dp/B001DAVA64/?tag=blusas008-21

/?tag=blusas008-21

I can vouch for the product Graham has provided a link to - I have one and use it for exactly the purpose the poster needs it for i.e. to provide more HDMI connections. Works a treat for me and I don't need the power option.

I bought the exact one you are referring to as I didn't have enough HDMI ports on my old tv, it had 2 and this one has 3. Still need 4 though and that's why I decided to use the scary lead on the Freesat box...

| Thu 5 Mar 2015 14:43:43 #9 |
  10. Davy

Davy

special member

How can I unpair the remote application to see if it is indeed this that's causing the problem?

| Thu 5 Mar 2015 14:46:59 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.