My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

stop using the wifi

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lochnessme

My human box has a wired connection and yet it insists all the time on using the wifi (my wifi is open with no password).

If the wifi is down it keeps telling me there's no network connection, even though it has a wired connection straight into my router.

Is there any way to tell my 4000t to ignore the wifi and only use the wired connection??

| Fri 18 Nov 2016 15:24:06 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

In the settings page under network settings, when you have the network cable connected what does it say next to 'configure lan'? Then unplug the network cable, and what does it say now?

I don't think you can disable WiFi, but on my 4000t, if the network cable is plugged in that takes precedence.

| Fri 18 Nov 2016 15:35:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

lochnessme

In the settings page under network settings, when you have the network cable connected what does it say next to 'configure lan'? Then unplug the network cable, and what does it say now?
    I don't think you can disable WiFi, but on my 4000t, if the network cable is plugged in that takes precedence.

If I click network settings>>configure LAN it says DHCP. If I disconnect the cable it still says DHCP.

Ok, now I'm starting to think I've not set it up correctly, because if I switch off the wifi extender that my human connects to on the network status screen both Lan and Internet say failed.
    If I unplug my cable and switch the wifi extender back on it says connected.
    It doesn't seem to use the cable at all.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

| Fri 18 Nov 2016 16:03:55 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

lochnessme - 2 minutes ago  » 

If I click network settings>>configure LAN it says DHCP. If I disconnect the cable it still says DHCP.
    Ok, now I'm starting to think I've not set it up correctly, because if I switch off the wifi extender that my human connects to on the network status screen both Lan and Internet say failed.

You're right, it definitely sounds like the Ethernet cable isn't connecting.

Do you have anything else cabled into your router that you know works? Also, do you know what router you have?

| Fri 18 Nov 2016 16:09:13 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

lochnessme

Ok.... this is embarrassing.

I've worked out why my human doesn't use the Wired connection............the other end wasn't plugged into the router.

In my defence my home office has 3 Ethernet cables coming up through the floor, the wrong two were plugged into my router.

Thank for assistance.

| Fri 18 Nov 2016 16:24:18 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

lochnessme - 7 minutes ago  » 

Ok.... this is embarrassing.
    I've worked out why my human doesn't use the Wired connection............the other end wasn't plugged into the router.
    In my defence my home office has 3 Ethernet cables coming up through the floor, the wrong two were plugged into my router.
    Thank for assistance.

It happens to us all at some point. I'm just that you got it sorted.

| Fri 18 Nov 2016 16:33:15 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.