My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Strange Interference

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reginald

I know this isn't really related to my Humax box, but...

I get an occaisional thin horizontal broken white line flash on the TV screen for a fraction of a second, usually just over half way up. It used to happen on the same few channels on my old Sky box, which has now been replaced by the Foxsat HDR, along with a new dish, lnb and cable. Yesterday evening I noticed the interference was still present on Horror+1, and I'm sure other channels will come to light over the course of time. All my channels have 70%-100% signal quality.

I once went through the entire house turning of all electrical, battery, mobile and wireless equipment I could think of (except the TV and Sky box) and the interference was still there. It can be very random - once every 5 minutes maybe, or there will be an occaisional cluster of these lines over a one or two second period. I am using an HDMI cable from the Humax to the TV now, whereas I used a scart cable with the Sky box before.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? I am used to the usual pixelation type interference you can get on digital TV, but not this almost "analogue" type. I can't even think where it would be getting into the system - at the dish even?

Thanks.

| Fri 17 Feb 2012 9:43:21 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reginald

After doing a bit more digging, I found out that this type of problem has occurred before with certain channels, and it actually turned out to be a fault in the broadcast. To find out after all this time that the interference I had a few years ago on ITV Westcountry, that I thought was down to a fault in my Skybox/dish/cable, was actually a fault in the transmission is particularly annoying.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1193852

Anyway, I noticed the same interference again on Film 4 on Saturday. If it is a problem with the broadcast, am I really the only person in the country that has noticed it?

I am going to try and take a screeshot of it. Is there any way of doing this without actually using a camera? Also, is it possible to move the picture forward one frame at a time on these boxes?

Thank you for listening.

| Mon 20 Feb 2012 11:23:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

objective

You can use the slo-mo button to advance frame by frame. Its in the bottom group of buttons (looks like a square next to a triangle)
    If you have the alternative firmware on the box you could copy the file off to your pc and watch it there. You could then cut out the affected bit and upload it

| Wed 22 Feb 2012 20:21:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reginald

Thanks for those tips. I hadn't come across the slowmo button yet (I really should read the manual!).

I was planning to install the special firmware anyway at some point, so I will give this a go.

Thanks again.

| Wed 22 Feb 2012 20:47:40 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you have a file with a repeatable flaw. You can copy it to a usb drive and open it in a PC. Some media players have a single frame export. Try a trial version of Splash Pro.

| Wed 22 Feb 2012 21:10:09 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reginald

Here is an example. Having looked at a few of these glitches in this film frame by frame, some of them are actually unbroken thin green lines, but at normal speed they tend to look the same.

Any ideas?

(I was trying embed the picture in the post, but have ended up with 2 copies, neither embedded. Can attachments be removed from posts?)

Attachments

1. vlcsnap-2012-02-27-10h07m13s75.jpg (60.5 KB, 21 downloads) 12 years old
    2. vlcsnap-2012-02-27-10h07m13s75_2.png (146.6 KB, 13 downloads) 12 years old
    | Mon 27 Feb 2012 11:14:41 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Michael Sz

i Seam to have the same problem whilst doing a playback . did you find any solution ?

| Sun 3 Jun 2012 13:29:14 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.