My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Strange Problem

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

paisley9

Hello! I have a strange problem today. I have 2 Foxsat HDRs, one in the lounge and one in the dining room, connected to one dish with 4 LNBs. This has worked for several years with no problem. From today the box in the dining room was showing 'no signal' on all channels that I tried. I switched on the other box in the other room and then the original one started to work. This only lasted a short time before the no signal message reappeared and so I switched boxes around, but with the same result, still no signal in the dining room, although the living room is fine. The box now in the dining room won't find a satellite signal if I try to retune. At the moment, it is displaying 9 channels perfectly OK (114,119, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 and 141) but shows no signal on all the rest.
    Any ideas as to what is going on!? If I switch the other box off, I lose all signals!

| Sun 12 Feb 2017 23:17:29 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Welcome to the forum

Loss of signal can be caused by a number of problems, given your description they can be limited to the following.

Poor cable connections
      Water ingression in cable
      Failing LNB
    Given the interaction between the two units, I would guess the LNB is failing.

You could try swapping the LNB connections on the dish, If the dining room then works then replace the LNB.

| Mon 13 Feb 2017 9:15:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

paisley9

Yes, I suppose I will have to call out someone to replace the LNB (I should have said LNB with 4 outputs). Unfortunately I can't easily access it.

| Mon 13 Feb 2017 13:36:50 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.