My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Streaming on LG TV Interferes With Humax Recording

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wirey

Hi, all. I’ve a problem that, when I’ve searched, I’ve not been able to find anyone else experience it never mind a solution.

When I watch Netflix, iPlayer and especially Disney+ For some reason streaming on my LG tv, any recordings I’m making on my Humax 4000T will be useless - mainly showing what looks
    Like digital interference such as you’d get from a poor reception.

I suspect it may be that the cable I have connecting my external tv aerial to the Humax is low quality and may be affected by the wi-if signal but wondered if anyone had any thoughts before I go buying replacement cables.

Grateful for any suggestions.

| Thu 17 Dec 2020 1:31:39 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Wirey - 9 hours ago  » 
    Like digital interference such as you’d get from a poor reception.
    I suspect it may be that the cable I have connecting my external tv aerial to the Humax is low quality and may be affected by the wi-if signal but wondered if anyone had any thoughts before I go buying replacement cables.

I agree that interference is the most likely explanation and a new high quality aerial lead would be the first thing I would try. Also make sure all the cables are separated from each other.

| Thu 17 Dec 2020 11:27:22 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wirey

Thanks. I’ll have a go with a new cable.

| Thu 17 Dec 2020 12:20:24 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

How close is your router to the Humax box ?

| Thu 17 Dec 2020 12:38:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wirey

Very close. Probably too close but I’m limited I what I can do thanks to placements of power sockets, phone socket etc.

| Thu 17 Dec 2020 13:11:41 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Wirey - 50 mins ago  » 
    Very close. Probably too close but I’m limited I what I can do thanks to placements of power sockets, phone socket etc.

Can't you just move the Humax box and or the router even a few inches or to a seperate shelf just check it's no being picked up on the leads but is rf generated by the router getting in to the Humax box. Is the 5000T connected by WiFi ? If so turn off WiFi and fit a cat 5 patch lead to the router network switch.

| Thu 17 Dec 2020 14:06:25 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wirey

I should maybe point out t he st I get similar interference when I switch my tv on. It’s only for a few seconds but when you watch a recording back you can pinpoint the exact moment the tv was switched on.

| Thu 17 Dec 2020 14:20:49 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wirey

grahamlthompson - 14 mins ago  » 

Wirey - 50 mins ago  » 

Can't you just move the Humax box and or the router even a few inches or to a seperate shelf just check it's no being picked up on the leads but is rf generated by the router getting in to the Humax box. Is the 5000T connected by WiFi ? If so turn off WiFi and fit a cat 5 patch lead to the router network switch.

My Humax isn’t connected to the network at all, wired or wi-fi.

| Thu 17 Dec 2020 14:21:47 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Wirey - 27 mins ago  » 
    I should maybe point out t he st I get similar interference when I switch my tv on. It’s only for a few seconds but when you watch a recording back you can pinpoint the exact moment the tv was switched on.

Is the TV also WiFi connected ? If so use a 2nd cat 5 patch lead so both TV and Humax are direct wired with WiFi off.

| Thu 17 Dec 2020 14:49:38 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wirey

Thanks. Something else I can try.

| Thu 17 Dec 2020 15:17:50 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.