My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Streaming Probs

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cdreed01

Hi everyone,
    still a newbie to all this, anyhow, I have successfully installed the superb Raydon firmware on my HUMAX FOXSAT-HDR and all, well almost all is hunky-dory. I use a Mac computer and have installed the latest version of VLC v2.02 and also the Humax VLC pack v1.02 but cant figure out how to link the two??? Also, if I navigate my Safari browser, or indeed the OSX version of Firefox to my Humax page and select an SD program to watch, hit the 'Play' button both browsers report 'missing plug-in', again can't fathom whats missing?

Lastly, I've also installed MediaTomb and my AppleTV2 finds everything and plays all the SD programs just fine, however, my iPad (via the latest version of XMBC) see the programs, but when I attempt to play I get "cannot open/can't find' media???

Helps please???

Best Regards,
    Colin.

| Wed 18 Jul 2012 20:51:57 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

WHile I do not think it is all that is missing (not a mac fan) - I suggest you VLC with the add-ons

| Wed 18 Jul 2012 21:20:22 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Get Go

Hi,
    Make sure you don't have Twonky running at the same time as MediaTomb.

I found a YouTube clip that helped me configure MediaTomb
    Read about it here http://www.avforums.com/forums/16401947-post967.html

If you're sure MediaTomb is running fine then open VLC and on the left hand menu, click on Local Network and then click on Universal Plug'n'Play and after 10-20 seconds a file called MediaTomb will appear in VLC's Playlist window.

Just expand the MediaTomb item and you should find your recordings.

If you are on Lion there was an issue with Samba [which is the main/other way your mac would "speak" to the Foxsat if you didn't have Twonky or MediaTomb installed on the Foxsat]

See these for some info on that
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/15906180-post677.html
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1632428-smb-connection-foxsat-hdr-mac.html

| Thu 19 Jul 2012 10:48:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

cdreed01

Ok, I've now managed to get VLC to see mediatomb and all the relevant sub-directories, however I get an amber coloured triangle next to each....and then in an "error and warnings" box

| Sat 21 Jul 2012 17:15:31 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

cdreed01

Ok, I've now managed to get VLC to see mediatomb and all the relevant sub-directories, however I get an amber coloured triangle next to each....and then in an "error and warnings" box - pics of both attached....

| Sat 21 Jul 2012 17:16:06 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

cdreed01

pics here....any ideas or comments MOST WELCOME!!

Attachments

1. Screen_Shot_2012-07-21_at_17.18.14.png (68.5 KB, 1 downloads) 11 years old
    2. Screen_Shot_2012-07-21_at_17.18.37.png (31.3 KB, 0 downloads) 11 years old
    | Sat 21 Jul 2012 17:19:51 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Get Go

I get the same yellow triangle in front of my "main" MediaTomb listing but once I click down on the triangle none of the sub items have it.

Are the recordings HD? VLC [or anything else] wont be able to play them as they are encrypted.

You can get more technical info as to what the issue might be if you open the "Messages" window in VLC [from the Window menu]

Attachments

1. VLC_yellow_triangle.png (43.8 KB, 0 downloads) 11 years old
    | Mon 23 Jul 2012 10:18:24 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

cdreed01

No matter what I do with the yellow triangle, once clicked it rolls through the entire video library sequentially (inc both HD and SD) as shown and then can't do a sausage!

Attachments

1. Screen_Shot_2012-07-23_at_21.42.36.png (37.5 KB, 0 downloads) 11 years old
    | Mon 23 Jul 2012 21:43:56 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Get Go

Looking at your screen shot I think the "Video" directly under "media" then "PCDirectory" should have a little grey triangle [meaning it has video content] and then once expanded that should list your recordings. At least that's the way mine is

Seeing as it doesn't have that grey triangle would indicate to me that its empty?

And that might mean that MediaTomb isn't configured correctly? Were you able to set MediaTomb up like on the YouTube video?

The VLC "Messages" window might also give you more info on what the issue is.

Just let me warn you I'm not an expert on any of this -I'm just a fellow Mac user !

| Tue 24 Jul 2012 9:36:37 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.