My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

streaming through TV Portal ?

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bookman

I've just added the WiFi dongle to my 2000T. Now the box is connected to my router/network, is there any way I can use it to stream other video material to the TV? If not, I'll need to revert to using a cable from laptop to TV.

| Thu 12 Jan 2017 16:40:06 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You should be able to stream shared video/music and photos files saved on a PC/NAS drive etc using the DLNA client. If you mean other streaming services directly not on the portal then NO is the answer.

| Thu 12 Jan 2017 16:44:45 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bookman

I'm a low-tech bloke. What is the DLNA client?

| Thu 12 Jan 2017 17:37:38 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bookman - 2 minutes ago  » 
    I'm a low-tech bloke. What is the DLNA client?

It's software installed on the box that allows it to play back content stored on other kit connected to your home network.

http://www.techradar.com/news/digital-home/home-networking/dlna-what-it-is-and-what-you-need-to-know-1079015

| Thu 12 Jan 2017 17:42:10 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bookman

Thank you. I've read the article, but it doesn't tell me how to access this on the Humax box. Do I need to do anything on the Humax (apart from opening the portal) to make it pick up content from the PC? I'm showing myignorance. Thank you for your patience.

| Thu 12 Jan 2017 18:03:48 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bookman - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you. I've read the article, but it doesn't tell me how to access this on the Humax box. Do I need to do anything on the Humax (apart from opening the portal) to make it pick up content from the PC? I'm showing myignorance. Thank you for your patience.

First of all you need to share some content on your PC. Right click on a folder with some suitable content in it and choose share.

Nothing to do with the portal. On Humax press Media - Blue (Storage) - Choose Network - You should see your PC. Choose the appropriate folder. You might have to turn on content share in the Humax settings.

You may have to set up your PC to share content. Google DLNA server in Windowsxx.

| Thu 12 Jan 2017 18:19:05 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

As Graham says. You may find that Network isn't showing under Storage, in which case come back out, then open and close Humax portal (to establish a wifi connection). Network should now be visible as a choice under Storage.

| Fri 13 Jan 2017 15:42:58 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

bookman

Apologies for a month's delay in picking this up. I've been having a heart attack!
    I'm very grateful for the advice I've had so far. I got as far as watching the iplayer very satisfactorily.
    But now I seem to be stuck in a loop. When I open internet settings it says I am connected. But when I try to open the portal it says I am not. I can't see how to get out of this. Any suggestions?

| Wed 15 Feb 2017 17:41:31 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

Have you tried switching off (at the mains) and back on?

| Thu 16 Feb 2017 10:35:34 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

His issues may be down to the fact the 2000T isn't the best DLNA connected device out there and doesn't have a reputation for playing well with streaming content over DLNA. I can confirm this through personal experience.

| Thu 16 Feb 2017 15:41:41 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.