My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Streaming to Android devices

(5 posts)
  1. geoffers

geoffers

Hi - anyone had any success with streaming from the PVR to an Android device: according to research it should be possible using ES File Explorer to pickup the Hummy Media Server and MX Player to play, however I've currently drawn a blank

1)I can successfully stream from a PC, which shows the Humax as HDR-1800T Media Server:192.168.1.71, so the "Content Share" setting is working OK

2)I can FTP into the Humax from Android ES File Explorer and see the files OK, so FTP is working OK

3)However, when trying to enter the server details in the LAN tab of ES File Explorer I get "Cannot find Server"

From Googling, I think I'm entering the right details in the right place, but clearly I'm missing something

Not a show stopper, but would be nice to know how to configure for streaming.

Attachments

1. HDR1800_ES_UPnP.png (52.6 KB, 3 downloads) 9 years old
    2. HDR1800_ES_ftp.png (29.7 KB, 2 downloads) 9 years old
    3. HDR-1800T_Media_Server.PNG (92.5 KB, 0 downloads) 9 years old
    | Sun 2 Nov 2014 18:32:26 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try username Humaxftp Password 0000.

I use BubbleUPnP and MX player on a couple of Android devices with a pair of HDR FOX T2's

| Sun 2 Nov 2014 18:42:58 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

geoffers - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Hi - anyone had any success with streaming from the PVR to an Android device: according to research it should be possible using ES File Explorer to pickup the Hummy Media Server and MX Player to play

Are you sure that MX Player can browse for files via DLNa? The following link seems to suggests not Link to MX Player FAQ

| Sun 2 Nov 2014 18:47:13 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martin Liddle - 16 minutes ago  » 

geoffers - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Hi - anyone had any success with streaming from the PVR to an Android device: according to research it should be possible using ES File Explorer to pickup the Hummy Media Server and MX Player to play

Are you sure that MX Player can browse for files via DLNa? The following link seems to suggests not Link to MX Player FAQ

ES file explorer allows browsing of files on networked DLNA servers. On selecting a file Android offers playback on any suitable installed media players including MX player (And BSPlayer on my android devices).

| Sun 2 Nov 2014 19:06:20 #4 |
  5. geoffers

geoffers

Thanks for your replies chaps I'm pretty new to all this, so just finding my way....

I found this on "avforums"

I use the following

Samba/File share:
    ES File Explorer (with a LAN connection to the foxsat-hdr's IP address) + MX Video Player

DNLA:
    UPnPlay or Skifta + MX Video Player

So looks like ES isn't the way to go for DLNA, as it didn't seem to locate the server (seems like it only sees SMB shares).

I've now downloaded Skifta which finds the Hummy media server straight away, and the content plays through MX Player just fine, so all sorted now.

Hopefully this will be of use to someone else.

| Sun 2 Nov 2014 19:22:29 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.