My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Streaming to LG TV : file not supported -Sometimes

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

I stream recordings from the FVP5000 in the lounge, to 2 other rooms. In one of them, a 42inch LG TV will occasionally stop the playback of a recording, then when you try to play it again, I get "this file type is not supported"
    Tonight, I am getting this all of the time. It won't play anything. I've checked the tv, it says that the network is connected.
    Why does this happen? I haven't had this message for the last three days when I have been in the other room. It has played everything.

| Thu 22 Jun 2023 19:19:26 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cp2

You should not assume that this message is accurate.
    On my LG tv if I attempt to access a file on my NAS drive I can get this message but I think that it is down to a timing issue. i believe that the LG tv attempts to handshake with the NAS but can time out if the NAS is slow to come out of hibernation. I just get this message but the file plays OK at the 2nd attempt.
    Your problem is not the same but could be a similar handshaking challenge.
    I also find that my PC can “lose” the Aura icon in Windows Explorer.

| Sun 25 Jun 2023 21:03:22 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

When streaming from the FVP5000, this LG TV will sometimes just stop the playback, & move onto the next recording! If I move back to the previous recording, it will sometimes work, sometimes display the "this file type is not supported" message.
    Can't work it out.
    It often "loses" the 5000 icon in Source. So does the Samsung TV in another room.

| Mon 26 Jun 2023 17:36:33 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.