My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Streaming to TV

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

loxley2000

Hi

Firstly I wanted to say hi to everyone. Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve enjoyed scouring through the forum whilst setting up my HDR T2 box – it’s been very helpful.

I changed from a Panasonic PVR as I found the media list very bulky looking, the interface clumsy and the lack of control limiting (I owned a Topfield before). I was hoping the Hummy, with custom firmware would be the answer.

Anyhow – I have installed the latest firmware for it, added packages like Sweeper etc. but still find the media list very big looking – I normally have to scroll through lots of pages to find what I am looking for. I have tried putting recordings into folders, but then the newer episodes still go at the top level unless I set Sweeper up (which I haven’t yet).

I got VERY excited when my Panasonic TV picked up the Hummy content via DLNA as I use the TV to stream from the WD My Book hard drive and the interface is clean. However I soon realised the TV doesn’t play the Hummy .ts files, even after setting up auto-decrypt.

This is very frustrating and I have spent hours scouring the internet to find an answer with no joy. I thought I’d found the answer with the Convert Files plug in but it only works for the Freesat box L

I would like to do it all on the box if possible (although I did play around with the All Case app last night to avoid the Hummy media list).

Has anyone else had any luck with this – or is it possible to change the listing format of the media list? Or is there an alternative Humax machine that will stream to a TV? Or would an alternative to Twonky, like Plex or Serviio, work better?

Apologies for all the questons.

Many thanks and all the best

| Mon 6 Jul 2015 11:10:06 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

loxley2000 - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Anyhow – I have installed the latest firmware for it, added packages like Sweeper etc. but still find the media list very big looking – I normally have to scroll through lots of pages to find what I am looking for. I have tried putting recordings into folders, but then the newer episodes still go at the top level unless I set Sweeper up (which I haven’t yet).

If you are using single recording then the behaviour is as you describe; using series recording then programs should automatically go into the appropriate folder even with standard firmware.

I got VERY excited when my Panasonic TV picked up the Hummy content via DLNA as I use the TV to stream from the WD My Book hard drive and the interface is clean. However I soon realised the TV doesn’t play the Hummy .ts files, even after setting up auto-decrypt.

You would do much better asking this question over at hummy.tv where discussion of the custom firmware is welcome.

| Mon 6 Jul 2015 11:17:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

loxley2000

Apologies - will try over there.

Re. folders. If a folder is created by the system, with recordings in it, and then moved to another folder (to keep it tidy) - are new recordings added to the new folder location or is a new folder created at the top level? This would be series record.

Thanks

| Mon 6 Jul 2015 11:20:32 #3 |
  4. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

loxley2000 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Apologies - will try over there.
    Re. folders. If a folder is created by the system, with recordings in it, and then moved to another folder (to keep it tidy) - are new recordings added to the new folder location or is a new folder created at the top level? This would be series record.
    Thanks

If you have a series recording set up and move the folder, the folder will be recreated in 'My Video' the next time an episode is recorded.

| Mon 6 Jul 2015 13:05:23 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.