My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Stuck on Media - Video

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tricia

Hi, New to the forum and hoping someone can help. Our lovely Humax unit keeps getting itself 'stuck' with the display unit showing 'Video' and the unit doesn't respond to anything we try to do with the remote, we are also unable to turn the unit off when its stuck like this (by pressing the off button on the unit or by using the remote). The only way we can finally solve the problem is to turn the power off to the unit at the back but obviously if we are recording or have things recorded to start at about that time the recordings fail to record.

Has anyone else had this problem and can help at all?

Many thanks

| Wed 13 Mar 2013 11:47:49 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

When you say 'display unit showing video' do you mean the front display on the actual unit, if so what is displayed on TV screen - Media - Video?

Have you tried changing the batteries in remote?

| Wed 13 Mar 2013 14:36:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tricia

Hello, thanks for the welcome and sorry to take so long to reply - I thought no one had replied as I was expecting an email to come in - doh!

The TV screent is usually on the media page when the humax unit screen seems stuck on video....

| Wed 17 Apr 2013 11:15:52 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tricia

Oooh and yes we've tried the remote batteries and it isn't them, ta.

| Wed 17 Apr 2013 11:16:40 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Hi Tricia,

I take it the unit has frozen and doesn't respond to remote or any of the front panel buttons or toggling the v-format button on the remote.

Are you on the latest firmware?
    http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/downloads/hdr-foxt2

Have you tried a 'factory default' reset, take a note of your schedule first, camera phone or a piece of paper useful here.

If you're on the latest firmware and you've done a factory reset and pushing the v-format button, if connected via hdmi, a few times waiting a few seconds inbetween, doesn't help then I think you've 3 options.

1) Watch all the recorded programmes or copy them off and format the drive.
    2) If it's under warranty, contact Humax if the format doesn't help
    3) Install the custom firmware, this would be very useful to you anyway. With the custom firmware installed you'll be able to narrow down the various things that may be happening. With the custom firmware you'll either solve the problem yourself or be able to give us a much more detailed description of what the unit is/isn't doing

| Wed 17 Apr 2013 12:49:45 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.