My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Subtitles way out of sync on 2000T

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alloneword

OK I admit i'm new to the 2000T but been playing with it over the last few days i notice the subtitles seem to be way out of sync to the voices, I have to admit i'm not sure if it's all channel or just a few i will have to check that out over the next few days but i see nothing mentioned on it on the FAQ, has anyone seen this before of the 2000T and i have updated to latest software as well

All1

| Thu 21 May 2015 0:34:58 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Happens a lot on some channels. Complain to the broadcaster, not that they'll listen.

| Thu 21 May 2015 8:23:55 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wotan

JamesB - 56 minutes ago  » 
    Happens a lot on some channels. Complain to the broadcaster, not that they'll listen.

A brief rewind puts it right temporarily on my HDR Fox T2. It soon reverts though. I found the main channels, all BBC, ITV1, C4 & C5 are OK but the rest of them are iffy to say the least. By far the worst I've found to be 'Drama'

| Thu 21 May 2015 9:25:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alloneword

OK no worries, in my case it was BBC 1 or 2, i have never had an issue on freesat, I don't NEED them just use them when i find it hard to understand the dialogue sometimes, anyway no big deal as the 2000T is just a back up to my 1000S, thanks for the replies guys.

All1

| Fri 22 May 2015 0:05:36 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

That's odd. BBC subtitles usually don't show this problem.

| Fri 22 May 2015 7:54:57 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

This sounds a little similar to the problem I had with a HDR-2000T a couple of years ago. Subtitles on BBC channels, particularly BBC Three and BBC Four, were sporadic and virtually useless on 2000T recordings. It was impossible to follow the dialogue as the titles would vanish completely for a while, then pop back up, then dive again. I don't recall that they were out of sync however. And it was only the recordings - live broadcasts were fine.

In the end, and because also of other dissatisfactions, I took the 2000T back to John Lewis for a refund. I never discovered whether it was in fact a problem with that particular box.

| Fri 22 May 2015 8:59:19 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alloneword

Well it seems to have sorted itself out "for now" I'm still capping on both this 2000T and the old freesat and using the 2000T more then the freesat right now, but subtitle issue seems to have gone which is nice.

All1

| Wed 27 May 2015 0:05:22 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

scotbill

This problem occurred on my recently purchased HDR2000T. It only occurs on commercial channels but as the main reason we record these is to skip ads then it is an important defect.
    Called tech support to be told to return to factory default. This cured the problem - for a day! If there is no permanent solution will have to return this box.

| Sat 7 Jan 2017 17:04:16 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

crashcris

This prob often happens when watching with subtitles then skipping a couple of mins forward, if that happens, turn subs off, skip back 15secs (that's what my skip is set to), engage subs again and they'll be in synch. Of all the PVRs I've owned I find the 2000t the best at handling the subs, I think it's because it picks up the signal quite strongly, I notice that subs on weaker channels can be patchy.

| Sat 14 Jan 2017 16:04:13 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.