My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

suddenly stopped working

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

karenC

after 10 months of loving my Foxsat HDR it has just gone dead whilst watching TV. We've tried changing the fuse in the plug and it looks like its booting but only for a second or two before going dead again. Tried all leads/plug sockets etc but no difference, just 1 second of 'boot' and then dead. I think it is under warranty and have the receipt but can't find any warranty card. So, 2 questions, first - has anyone had this problem, and second - is there a downloadable warranty card?
    thanks Karen

| Fri 30 Nov 2012 23:10:08 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

karenC - 3 minutes ago  » 
    after 10 months of loving my Foxsat HDR it has just gone dead whilst watching TV. We've tried changing the fuse in the plug and it looks like its booting but only for a second or two before going dead again. Tried all leads/plug sockets etc but no difference, just 1 second of 'boot' and then dead. I think it is under warranty and have the receipt but can't find any warranty card. So, 2 questions, first - has anyone had this problem, and second - is there a downloadable warranty card?
    thanks Karen

If you have the receipt you don't need anything else. Contact the dealer from who you bought the box. Under the SOGA regs they are responsible to correct the problem. If the retailer has ceased trading then ring Humax and explain the situation. Many Humax products have extended warranty extensions provided by Humax.

Good luck and welcome to the forum

| Fri 30 Nov 2012 23:20:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

karenC

thanks very much for the quick response. I bought it through Amazon so I will try to contact them to see if they will repair or replace the box.
    Karen

| Sat 1 Dec 2012 0:31:37 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.