My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Switching from TV to DVD

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

itsmeagain

Hi

I have recently upgraded to a 2000T. The remote which was supplied with it does not have dvd buttons (unlike the last)and the HDR does not automatically switch to dvd even if it is switched on in this mode. I do not want to explore dvd via PC.

Is there an alternative remote control I can purchase and/or can you suggest a course of action. At the moment I can not view or hear dvd.

Many thanks

| Wed 7 Jan 2015 14:04:17 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Can you not use your TV remote to select your DVD player as the input source?

| Wed 7 Jan 2015 14:19:10 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

itsmeagain

No I dont have a TV I use a projector and that remote doesn't have the capability. Any other suggestions? Thanks

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 22:07:30 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

itsmeagain - 3 days ago  » 
    Hi
    I have recently upgraded to a 2000T. The remote which was supplied with it does not have dvd buttons (unlike the last)and the HDR does not automatically switch to dvd even if it is switched on in this mode. I do not want to explore dvd via PC.
    Is there an alternative remote control I can purchase and/or can you suggest a course of action. At the moment I can not view or hear dvd.
    Many thanks

You really need to give a bit more information as to your setup if there's a cat in hells chance of getting any relevant answers.

I'll start off with a logitech harmony remote will solve all your problems, but does have a steep learning curve, can be picked up for £40 - £60.

back to your post...
    "(unlike the last)" ???
    which last remote had dvd buttons and what was it used for?

"HDR does not automatically switch to dvd" ???
    the HDR can't switch to dvd, how can it?

"I do not want to explore dvd via PC." ???
    no need to watch dvd on a PC

"No I dont have a TV I use a projector" ???
    presumably you have a dvd player, the Humax, a projector and a sound-system, which isn't unusual. The question is do you have the Humax connected directly to the projector and optical/analogue sound to the sound-system or
    No... the question is... there are too many options to second guess and wait for half answers, let us know the exact setup and there will be a solution, however first we need to know exactly how it is currently set up

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 22:27:24 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.